Sunday, December 21, 2008

The most wonderful time...

We didn't send out a Christmas card this year - we didn't get a picture, and by the time we get the picture and get it out to CVS for cards and mail them, many will not receive in time. But the roads slippery today, and if we take the shot and move with speed tomorrow, we may have a chance.


That said, a view to my/our past is in order. The right card is from 1964, the one our family sent out. I am second in age from the top (9) and third from the left. I had five sisters and my brother/ally is only a few weeks old when this was taken, probably in October I don't know if holiday cards like this were as big then as now...




Of course, starting in 1990, we commissioned cards with the cherubic Allegra and Cameron on them. This is 1993, Allegra just about five and Cam just over three years old. As they grew, they were less cherubic but still posed for our holiday cheers and greetings. They aren't small any more, of course.

But they can still strike an affable pose when needed.

We may just make it work for the 2008 edition, we shall see!


8 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

You are truly a sentimental man and that is so nice.

Patti said...

Tammy: I wholeheartedly agree! His sentimental side shines through his posts.

Gattina said...

I did Christmas cards myself and emailed them. I mean I had to write Christmas cards for at least 40 years and now I am happy to count myself between modern woman who don't use snail mail anymore, lol !

Bond said...

Love the family cards...will be soon I might not have that opportunity...

Linda said...

My parents never did the family Christmas cards which is too bad, I'd love to be able to look back on them now.

I did a really lousy job with Christmas cards this year myself and barely sent out any. I need to get myself better organized next year!

Patti said...

Linda, I hear ya!

maryt/theteach said...

They are adorable Ralph! :)

Catherine said...

What a nice picture you've preserved! Thanks to share that souvenir. It's wonderful!

I regret we don't use this tradition of sendinfg family picture for Christmas, I haven't got such cute pictures of my children as you have.