Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ode to Joyeux anniversaire



December 29 is a great day for obvious reasons: It is the birthday of my two special ladies, Patti and Allegra. It is special, indeed. Lady Allegra is 20 years old, and who could have thought up such a great kid. Her due date was Dec. 22, 1988, but she made her mom wait.

But worth it, the perfect birthday gift to Patti, as they share the same date.






Patti was born in the 20th Century, and that is all that I’ll say about that! But I offer both a very happy day, and the continued blessings they deserve.







A lovely pair, they look fine in any setting, anywhere. Like the City of Lights, Paris.
It is fitting that we see them at the Musée du Louvre in front of Van Gogh's The Church at Auvers. A work of art on canvas, it is true.


But fine art can and does show up in many places. Like in our midst, and who else but the incomparable Patti and Allegra. Happy birthday, ladies!

5 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Tiny and precious.

Catherine said...

Joyeux anniversaire à vous deux, les filles!
I'm very pleased to watch some pictures of my city, today!
And Ralph, you're a real gentleman, never confess the Dame's age.
I didn't realize since I come to visit your blog that your daughter's name is wonderful. I don't know if it's common in US, but I haven't heard here in France, it sounds Italian, and full of Joy.
Once again Happy birthday! for this particular blessed date.

Bond said...

Wonderful tribute...it is my angel's birthday as well!

Linda said...

I can't think of a more perfect birthday present for a woman to get than to have her beautiful daughter share her birthday.

Happy birthday to both beautiful ladies - true works of art both!

Mojo said...

Wow. My oldest son's birthday is 12/22 and my niece's is 12/29. Small world, eh?