Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Scribbles away



I have been awarded the excellent Superior Scribbler award by Leora of Here in HP. I enjoy reading about life in central Jersey, and insights into Israel and lessons from the Torah. Leora received this from Robin of Around the Island , another pleasant blog about life.
I always felt that Patti was the official writer in these parts, yet I enjoy trying my hand at prose. This blog has given me a chance to scribble (electronically, anyway). What I see in the face of our intrepid scribbler is a look of enjoyable determination in his writing. A look of pleasure he has about this undertaking with words. Away we go!
Seven facts about me:
1 – I prefer to sleep and rise early. Age related, I guess.
2 - I really love American cars from the late 1950’s, those with wild colors, fat whitewall tires, in-motion styling and large fins. I’d like a 1958 Chrysler New Yorker in turquoise and white. Install a hand control. And I’m set.
3 - I enjoy watching large jet airplanes take of and land. Across Route 75 from the Hartford airport
there is a McDonalds across the street to watch Southwest, Northwest and whomever else on Runway 33. Which I do…
4 - I like many genres of music, from Disco to Tony Bennett to Big Band to Pink Floyd to Jazz to lots else. I’d love to have seen Sinatra in the mid-60s: the tight arrangements, Nelson Riddle Orchestra and the Chairman’s smooth phrasing.
5 - I like to cook, to create something out of nearly nothing. Not haute cuisine, but something where taste and texture rule.
6 - I was not a cat person until 1999 when we received Sir Humphrey. Since his passing last year, we have two oddball feline brothers named Linus and Rigby on hand for laughs.
7 – I accept the wheelchair and that it gets me around. But I’m not St. Ralph, I complain about it often enough. But I, like most, see people with far worse issues in their lives who don’t complain…and that stops the whining!
I wish to award this to a few whose blogs I read and enjoy. Whose writing and subject matter compel me to smile and think at the same time:
- Linda of Are we There Yet?
- Patti at Late Bloomer Boomer
- Lynn of A Tired Mama
- Tammy from Queen Size Funny Bone
- Dianne of Forks Off the Moment
Here are the rules:
a - Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
b - Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird.
c -Tag 7 people (if possible) at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
d - Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Thanks Leora, This was fun.

5 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

You are so kind Ralph, it is a pleasure reading your blog. thanks

Leora said...

Thanks, Ralph! A sweet post, made me smile. I'll have to read some of your blogger friends now.

Sir Humphrey is a great name for a cat.

Bond said...

Most excellent info Sir. I learned some new things about you

Linda said...

And number 3 just goes to show why Patti has dubbed you "Airhead55"!

Thank you so very much, Ralph, the feeling is reciprocated and I shall get to this as soon as I can!

Dianne said...

wow Ralph! thanks!!

means a lot to me since I have so much respect for you

and I'm in such good company
well - that Patti woman is a bit wild but she's still a good egg ;)

thanks!
loved your 7 list
so glad your became a cat person