Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Creative Photo - Aerial Antics


For this weeks Creative Photo, I turn to the skies from 1985 as pair of aerobatic pilots are performing in unison. Teamwork matters as a false move in these planes do not tolerate mistakes well. So precision counts for plenty here on this crisp October day with the bluest skies.

To make it interesting, I used the photo edit software to create an ink drawing. This would be a trick for any artist using ink and paper as a medium to try to catch these aerobatic beauties at 200+ MPH. I like this rendering, but cannot say why. I suppose that real art cannot be easily categorized, but art appeals to us nevertheless. Please visit Roger's site to see wonderful art of the photographer.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Very nicely done, Ralph! And still living up to your name, too, I see! Two posts in a row!

Gattina said...

Very creative ! no doubt !

Patti said...

Like Duchess Linda said, you are living up to your Airhead moniker.

I love what you did with the photo editing. Keep those creative juices flowing.

Bond said...

Cool shot and I do like the pen and ink rendering.

napaboaniya said...

Ink rendering does wonders for art for sure.
Now, I know why most of my textbooks during school days were all rendered with scribbles :P

Roger said...

Great job Ralph! I love those planes so fun to watch and photograph. A nice editing job as well, I enjoy turning photos into drawings in my editor they spellbind me.