Thursday, January 15, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Double Vision

For Tish's fantastic Looking at the Sky, I offer this unique view of two...that's right, two rainbows. I haven't seen before or after this, taken around 1998 and was over our yard in Ansonia. This was after a thunderstorm, and the pastels of the rainbow complement perfectly the charcoal skies that are the aftermath of the storm.

That might mean that the storm might be harsh, but there is the calm after the storm...or something positive like that! (Philosophy is not my strong suit :>)

See the varied views of the skies above at Tish's most excellent meme.

12 comments:

Looking At The Sky On Friday said...

I LOVE this shot. I've never seen such a spectacle. Thanks for enlightening me. It's beautiful.

Thanks for playing along. :)

-Tisha

Gattina said...

It's a very long time I haven't seen a rainbow !

Misty Dawn said...

This is SO awesome! I have always wanted to see a double rainbow, ever since I first saw a picture of one. I once saw a photo of a triple rainbow - can you imagine?!?!

Patti said...

I love seeing rainbows!

WillThink4Wine said...

Wow! I didn't know it was possible to have a rainbow at night!

Linda said...

A double rainbow must mean double the luck for someone. I wonder if that means there were two pots of gold to be found?

Great shot, Ralph! Perhaps you'll be able to catch another one of these this summer (and with all of this cold weather, aren't we all looking forward to that!?!).

Dianne said...

I find you to be perfectly philosophical!

and a taker of magical photos :)

dot said...

How unusual!!

Gayle said...

I wonder if double rainbows have anything to do with where you are in the world because I see doubles all the time. Nice shot!

Roger said...

Great shot Ralph!

Tina said...

i have never saw 2 rainbows at the same time either. how wonderful!

maryt/theteach said...

That's beautiful and unusual, Ralph! :)