Thursday, January 22, 2009

Looking at the Sky - A N'ice Day

For Tish's Looking at the Sky, I offer a beautiful winter sunny morn. This being a view up our street on a day after a nightly dash of frozen precipitation. The sunburst offers a mirror-like sheen from the golden orb up above. Even though I live in a four-season climate, I don't really care for the cold temps. But winter always give us much beauty to admire (and photograph!). Check out the many views of the skies at this great meme!

13 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

this one should be framed and hanging somewhere.

Looking At The Sky On Friday said...

I agree with Queen! This is an AMAZING shot!!! I love it. Thanks so much for playing along this week. I always love your photos. You're right...sky photos can never get old.

Tink *~*~* said...

Just beautiful - looks like something that the Bradford Exchange would be selling in a series. Something other-worldly about the light. :)

Twin Reflections In The Sky at My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Tink *~*~*

Gattina said...

I wished I could see a blue sky in real today !

Terri said...

That's gorgeous! I love the little rainbows - or icebows. Nice capture there!

Mo said...

That IS beautiful! (but, it captures the 'cold'; it makes me want to stand right in the sunlight!!)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne said...

you make cold look warm!

I especially like the ice on the power lines - makes them part of the beauty

Linda said...

What a great shot, Ralph! I love everything about it - well, except for the cold part but I guess that's what we get for living in New England, right?!?

Bond said...

Most excellent capture of a frosty morning...

Sandra Carvalho said...

That's a absolutely outstanding capture!
Nice job.

Dora said...

A ray of hope in this gloomy economy! :)

Tina said...

thats lovely how the little icicles are on the ends of the plants

Mojo said...

Now that's cool! No pun intended.