Friday, January 9, 2009

Skylook: The Sound and the Fury

This week, I am Looking at the Sky over Nantucket Sound on the Cape. A very nice day it was then. The unblemished blue sky is draped over a kids sailing class, I believe. We are not a nautical family, but this day we were just hanging at the beach and watching the tiny sailing craft bobbing amid the calm sound. But this is what I like about the place, and that is the sky when it is a nice day. I prefer the oceanic breezes to the sun, and can relax in a beach wheelchair under an umbrella under a gorgeous sky...the essence of a vacation on Cape Cod. To me, anyway!

Follow other skyscapes at Tish's great site!

10 comments:

WillThink4Wine said...

Hi Ralph! I'm very glad you stopped by so I could come see this! I spent many a vacation at the cape with my parents and siblings growing up in MA. This is a wonderful sight to behold! My house has jars of sea glass, rocks and shells collected on the beach in Sandwich by my parents, who now live with me! My mother's favorite is the sea glass - specifically "the blue-ies". I haven't been to the Cape in many years now. Perhaps I'll get there again one day.

Bond said...

Sigh.... sand, warmth, ocean...I need some of that

Misty Dawn said...

Oh my gosh - it's beautiful! I have only been to the ocean once. I can't imagine being able to see this beauty on a regular basis! There are a LOT of sailboats out there - they really add a great touch to this photo! Great work.

Linda said...

I've only been out to the Cape twice myself but have enjoyed it each time. Pictures like this make me want to make sure I get out there again this summer so that I can enjoy sites such as this in person.

Great picture, Ralph!

Ivanhoe said...

Wish I was there, looks so serene... and warm :o)
Have a wonderful weekend!

Dianne said...

I'd like to step into that photo please

love the light on the water

Roger said...

Great shot Ralph! I wish I was there too!!

Rocky Mtn. Girl said...

Oh, I just had to comment on this beauty... I can smell the beach air in the photo... fabulous!
The water color is outstanding.
A very beautiful picture!
~Michele~

Tisha @ Looking At The Sky On Friday said...

Ralph, this is beautiful! I would love to be sitting on this beach about right now!!! Great capture. Thanks so much for your support in this meme.

Sandra Carvalho said...

That is a beautiful picture!
Nice job!