Saturday, February 21, 2009

Creative Photo - Collision Course...



















I enjoy my moniker Airhead, as I like planes of all varieties. For our Gem State gem Roger, and his Creative Photo meme, I am dredging up the past. Again, but aerial things are always of interest to me. At jet engine maker Pratt & Whitney's 1985 air show, I fixed my K1000 onto the aerial displays. On the left is an old aerobatic plane, jut trimmed to fit and photo adjusted. A fine display, but on the right, I made adjustments that add a darker view to our air acrobat, the inverted colors and the horizontal image flip. There is a difference that is quite obvious, and I am not sure if it is: The coffee color surrounding our subject, the aqua sky colors of the aircraft, or the black smoke from behind that indicates an engine in distress. Any or all could apply. Check out a fine group of photo artists at Roger's site!

3 comments:

napaboaniya said...

An invert of the photo on the left?
A day and night view of it soaring the sky. Creative! :)

Patti said...

You did a nice job on this, Ralphie. It came out well!

Roger said...

Great job besides the edits and cool plane I like how you set them side by side looks like there playing a game of air chicken and at the last second nearly miss each other!