Thursday, February 5, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Farm and More

Tish's great meme, Looking at the Sky, compels us to, well...look! My entry this week is the sky over my favorite farm in the world in Northfield, CT. I worked up in Litchfield County for a year and passed by this gorgeous property ever day, both ways. There are chickens and cows and silos and pastures and a barn. Not like this is a money making farm, but styled and with details that show a labor of love. This picture was taken in 2006, and taken by Patti from my moving E150. A beautiful summer sky interwoven with the voluminous fair-weather clouds. And the reflections on the glass from inside the van offer a view akin to the sun's rays. Check out the other sky views at Tish's excellent site!

15 comments:

ellen b. said...

So beautiful and peaceful looking. Enjoy!!

Looking At The Sky On Friday said...

Oh, I do see the sun's rays shining down! The beautiful green grass is so inviting. :) The sky is amazing.

Thanks for your support and playing along!!!

-Tisha

Terri said...

What a beautiful farm. I can see why you were drawn to it. There's a serenity to it. And the sky is just right! Now if there were a pond to reflect those clouds....

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Very pretty, Ralph. The clouds are gorgeous. I'm looking forward to seeing green grass again. We've had snow here since November.

WillThink4Wine said...

That is a gorgeous pastoral shot! I'd like to spend some time on a picnic blanket under a tree there!

Catherine said...

There's too much intensive farming nowadays, it's a pleasure to watch it remains some small size farms, with natural products. We get ours in France, but they tend to disappear, lack of benefits.
anyway, beautiful summer sky with non natural sunrays: ) Given I have to comment concerning the sky, I guess.

Star8278 said...

Love those puffy clouds!!

Dianne said...

It's a beautiful place!! love the big puffy clouds

Vixen said...

Really beautiful and I like your composition. Well done. It so makes me want to move to a farm. Which I would do if I could.

Sandra Carvalho said...

Absolutely adorable.
Nice capture!

ramblingwoods.com said...

That looks so peaceful, but running a farm is anything but peaceful..lots of work I would guess.

maryt/theteach said...

Beautiful, well-kept farm with lovely blue skies! :)

Gayle said...

The sky is beautiful...and I would love to live on such a nice farm!

Tink *~*~* said...

Looks like a cozy place. I have lots of windshield shots with that same tell-tale glare on them!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~* Presents: Six Mile Cypress Sky

Patti said...

Thanks for using my pic, Ralphie dear.