Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pound sand, they said...


The old saying (much like 'fry ice') is not untoward. With the wheelchair, sand travel is not possible, so I
have learned to not blaze any trails at the beach, stopping just before the wood ends. But this is not a problem, being in the vicinity of big ocean waves with the briny sea breezes. This is a pleasure for me, being here at the splendid Nauset Beach in Orleans on the Cape. I am content to sit on the ramp and just breathe in. And there is a snack bar at this beach, but I wonder if the order taker is missing the obvious question: Would you like some sand with your fries? Although fried food at the beach would be fine right about now...


6 comments:

Patti said...

Sometimes you get sand with your order even if you don't ask..

Queen-Size funny bone said...

This crappy weather has me longing for the beach.

Bond said...

Sand...ocean breeze...nothing like it...

Linda said...

If you keeping doing posts about the Cape, I'm definitely going to have to put it on my list of places I really want to go back to this summer!

Reading this post has me craving an order of fried and a cheeseburger complete with an ocean breeze and the sound of the surf in the background. I'd be content to sit at the end of the boardwalk and share it with you!

Catherine said...

Hey, Ralph ! We don't get the beach in Orléans (France).

I don't know The Cape, but I sign in with Linda, Patti and you to share a big Fries order with SEA SALT, only !

Mojo said...

I've said it countless times before... there's no such thing as the wrong season for the beach!

You'd think with all the advances in engineering they'd have figured out how to build an all-terrain chair by now. I mean surely somebody's thought of it...