Monday, February 23, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Reflections on a Pink Sky

My choice for Ruby Tuesday this week is an unusual ruby pink sunset and the change in hue wrought by the unusual sky. The picture sequence has a date stamp of August 22, 2003 and is taken from the view to the east, outside our roost in the Ansonia Uplands. Pink is the only descriptor I can think of here, as magenta seems darker, dusty rose being too pale. I can only guess that the skies are cloudy
to the east but with a dazzling sunset to the west, although I am unable to find a capture...

What really works here is the effect of the skies on our vehicles. It is a subtle pink glow to our vehicles. The Hyundai color is called Champagne, but the dark pinkupstairs has turned the car a sort of dusty rose.


Likewise, my van that Ford calls Light Saddle, and the pink glow is drawn to the backside of the large van. So the pinksky by itself is a beauty, but offers a pastel ruby where one did not exist. The visual change barely exists, but the character change is noticeable. Follow the link to Mary's great meme!

21 comments:

Felisol said...

Hi, Ralph,
I love those rare sunset which colors the sky, the scenery and even people's faces "dark Pink".
Good that you caught that very moment.
From Felisol

napaboaniya said...

The fascinating thing about skies, the colors it display can often be surprising beautiful with different arrays of hues :)

Norm said...

great capture of that wonderful skies, beautiful photos.

the daily said...

lovely sky...

My entry for RT this week : in HERE. Hope you have time to visit . Thanks

Mojo said...

Looks like the treeline stole your sun, but the shades of it that you got are sensational!

Columbo said...

I love the capture of the pink skies, awesome Ruby Tuesday posting.

ilanadavita said...

Lovely glow; you've captured it well.

mysorefeet said...

I love your pink skies. It's so surreal. :) Have a good week ahead and thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment.

Mar said...

Very beautiful shots and shades of red!!

Leora said...

Pink champagne? Beautiful, subtle captures! Love the color name dusty rose.

Catherine said...

We call it "Champagne rosé". Same bubbles, pink color in the glass. That was the color of your car during an ephemeral moment. That was a precious color because it doesn't exist for real !

Dianne said...

I think that shade should be marketed

beautiful

leah said...

that's an awesome color, i've never seen one of those yet. thanks for sharing and for the visit. :)

Carletta said...

I'd love to have a car that color.
A very nice change of pace kind of post Ralph.

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love the first photo..

thanks for visiting

Tink *~*~* said...

Reminds me of the inside of a Ruby grapefruit. I think I need to get some next time I'm in the grocery store!

Tink *~*~*
NEW at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* :
One RED Thing From Each Walt Disney World Park

Roger said...

Sweet shots Ralph, good RT to you!

Jim said...

Nice find, your pink sky. I wouldn't have thought about the cars but I suppose would have caught it had I been there.

I like your snow below too. We don't get down here in Southern Texas.

I don't know what has been my greatest thrill. The TBird was faster than 120 but that's all the higher the numbers went and the speedo was down out of sight. No peg to stop it.
I've had my Mustang ('98) to 140 plus, the speedo goes to 150. I've been over 150 on the Autobahn in Germany.

Happy RT, thank you for peeking in.
..

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Isn't that colour something! I bet you didn't know you were purchasing a pinkish car when you bought it. LOL

Gattina said...

A pink sky ! how romantic !

maryt/theteach said...

What a great set of captures, Ralph! Excellent for Fuby Tuesday! :)