Monday, February 2, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Root, Root, Root for the Home Team...


Patti, her mom and I went to a college basketball game on Saturday. The game was the University of Hartford Hawks
vs
the Boston University Terriers. I wanted to use our U of H red and white for Ruby Tuesday. And the excitement never fades - the colors of BU are also red and white, double the fun! The game is great for me, because of my wheelchair, I and my companions get to sit at a table floorside, and in front of he pep band and (very) loud student section. This is such a fun place to sit, it's loud, the action is right now and when the band played the theme from Rocky, it was impressive! Cameron was working and couldn't be with the band for this game, but Allegra (flute) and boyfriend Rob (soprano sax) were playing. A treat for all. And my pictures were taken from my seated position, and everybody looks far larger from this vantage...

The usual sights in red ar
e everywhere. UH played in the white home uniform, BU in their road red. Cheerleaders were there, and the ubiquitous smiling Howie the Hawk mascot. There was a game of course, but the other team was bigger and faster, so the results of the game were not to our liking, with the score:

BU - A Lot
UH - Way Less

Something like that! Whatever the score, a gr
eat day was had by all!

24 comments:

Catherine said...

At least, no matter the score, you got a wonderful day, many pictures, and a great on-live Ruby Tuesday post.

ilanadavita said...

Nice series; well-done!

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Lots of red! Too bad about the Hartford team but at least a team wearing red won. ;-)

Felisol said...

Hi, Ralph,
A stunning Ruby report.
I like that you know how to make the best of your situation.
Placed ringside in a wheelchair must have been the best position for taking these photographies.
Have a Happy Ruby Tuesday.
From Felisol

maryt/theteach said...

Ralph, never saw so much RED in one place! Great assortment of shots! If you watched the Superbowl yesterday you would have seen a lot of RED too - the Cardinals were in RED but lost the game! :( Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Pia K said...

Nice take on the RT theme, sounds like a funfilled event. Myself I'm as far from a fan of sports as one can be, but I wouldn't have mind hearing the band playing, now that part must have been awesome!

Leora said...

I went to BU, rah, rah Terriers. Love all those reds and whites!

Carletta said...

What a wonderful post Ralph. So much going on. Terrific shots of all the happenings.
My favorite part of your post - the ending score - worth a smile.
Have a great Ruby Tuesday!

Tink *~*~* said...

That mascot looks like he's a lot of fun. But truth be told, he didn't look like a hawk to me. I thought he was a chicken!

(don't keel me, please don't keel me!)

:D

My Mobile Adventures *~*~* Presents: RED Stuff at the EPCOT Festivals in Walt Disney World

Tink *~*~*

Paz said...

Red everywhere! You do have great seat section.

Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Paz

ellen b said...

I love college sports! Looks like a great time was had!!

Mojo said...

Sounds like you might have been overmatched. But BU's a pretty good sized school with a larger pool to fish in for their athletes. I'm not sure the playing field was exactly level this night.

Get 'em next game Hawks!

Dora said...

The "birdie" looks cute. Ha ha ha.

Have a fun week. :)

EastCoastLife said...

I go to basketball games in Singapore too but nothing beats the fun and colourful atmosphere of American games.

napaboaniya said...

Great finds of red at the games!!
Red + game reminds me of Manchester United!! :P

Jim said...

Hi Ralph, Happy RT. My U of H lost this week also. University of Houston, that is. My other red team, the University of Nebraska I am not following very good this season. Football I follow every move.
..
BTW, I am not RT'ing this week. Tell Patti hello, I won't be to visit her blog for a while longer.

So you guys be good,
..

Robin said...

Sounds like a great evening even if your guys did lose.

My alma mater was (is) red and white too (Rutgers), and these days we're all red all the time since my son is obsessed with the Hapoel Tel Aviv soccer team.

Eaton Bennett said...

That's a whole lot of playing red in these shots, great red photos.
Happy RT!
Eaton. :)

Becky said...

Nice series of shots.

My RT is posted here:
http://decolady-randommusings.blogspot.com/2009/02/ruby-tuesday.html

Please stop by if you get a chance.

Pagan Sphinx said...

Ha! My youngest daughter is a sophomore at BU. Lots of red there!
Happy RT!

Dianne said...

Great shots Ralph!! what a wonderful day for all

happily retired gal said...

You got some great RED photos at this local game ... and I enjoyed learning about your day.
Hugs and blessings,

Amber Star said...

What a fun day! Lots of red, too.
The theme from Rocky...I haven't heard that in a while. Great Ruby Tuesday pix.

Patti said...

Hi Ralphie,
Great recap of our day here for Ruby Tuesday ~ what a coincidence that Leora went to BU! And Pagan's daughter is a sophomore there.

small world