Friday, February 6, 2009

When the sun hits your eye...

I have been posting of late about my distaste for winter. But I don't want to get older faster, so I would be foolish in wishing for Spring immediately. So I am left to refer to pictures that remind me of warmth, at least a little bit. So, how does this creation of ths sauce for Lemon Chicken do that? Well there are the slices of lemon. They look like the sun...okay, it is a stretch for that. But yellow seems to remind of spring as we await daisies, say. Yellow just looks warmer! Therefore, this sauce looks like spring...

This observation is indeed a stretch. But I have this photo as the desktop on my work MacBook, and as it is as bright as could be on the screen, with yellow everywhere...

PS: For a dish like this, I will only use a fresh lemon, nothing from a bottle. Nothing can sub for a lemon!

2 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Yum, Ralph! And the lemon slices sure do look like the sun! :)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I'm with you fake lemon juice is yuk. My mother will send me lemons from her tree in Florida now thats nice.