Sunday, March 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo - February


I did it, I posted 28 times, one per day in February. I like to blog most days, but not always successful. So you might think, why place an artificial deadline on blogging? Writing is a bit of an avocation, described as: An activity taken up in addition to one's regular work or profession, usually for enjoyment (American Heritage Dictionary). No, it's not my livelihood, a I am not a writer by profession, Patti is. My father was. But I ought to write every day, and having the daily blog written due to NaBloPoMo encouragement (not compulsion) is okay, too. I'll try to maintain a daily post, and if I stumble a bit...I'll sign up again some other month. Really...

2 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

congratulations lets see if the habit sticks.

sari said...

You know, I always do November, and then this year I just completely burned out after that. I don't know if there was a lot going on with the holidays, or it was the New Year's Blues or what, but this last few months, I've had to really kick myself to post something or go blog visiting. I think I just need to get into the habit of writing again or maybe placing a little more emphasis on myself for a little while each day.

Whenever I get a few minutes, I'm not blogging, I"m washing dishes or something! ha!