Thursday, May 28, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Shorebound Skies


Looking at the Sky is a nice meme where we can chronicle the expansive beauty of our atmosphere. Of course we need the air from the sky to live - but the moods of the sky capture our awe. This is a nice view of the New Haven Connecticut harbor taken from the deck of Anthony's Ocean View. This is a nice place for banquets/receptions, not only for the food but also for the variety of skies one can view from the veranda. The 25 degree slope is a function of my taking a photo taking in a wheelchair without a tripod. I have to balance the camera in that position where I am safely positioned in the chair while steadying the camera and snapping all at once. Multitasking in a wheelchair has its charms...This looks as if we are snapping the shutter out the port side window as our Boeing is taking off. The pastel sunset layers are subtle and soft. Just the place to linger after desert. See Tish's meme where the sky's the limit!

14 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

the angle is fabulous. nice job ralph.

Linda said...

This is a great shot, Ralph - who knew the skies of New Haven could be so beautiful? Of course, I generally only see them from the driver's side of the car while traversing I-95!

The angle really adds to this shot, too - love it!

MommaWannabe said...

Nice shot..I will try this angle too next time;)

My first LATS entry

Lynn said...

Oh my...beautiful shot...but I go sea sick just looking at it : (

Amazing Gracie said...

That is so serene and lovely... I'd like to be lazing in a hammock with a nice glass of iced tea with mint.
Hmmmmmm. I almost dozed off.
~~~Blessings~~~

barb said...

Your romantic writing style adds to the lovely pastel layers in this. It makes me want to linger long after sunset!

Race said...

nice shot at beautiful angle!

Villas Girl said...

This is beautiful. I love the angle. I also love the mourned sailboats. It adds to the photo.

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

I love this shot. It's so serene and breath taking. The angle adds depth and intrigue to the photo IMO.

I thought about you this morning. There was a crop duster flying over our house and my son went nuts! He LOVED it. He said he thought the guy might be half crazy, though 'cause he was flying so close to our house. *LOL* He thought he was going to hit his head on the plane. It was fun to watch.

Dianne said...

the angle adds to the beauty and drama!

Bond said...

You need to shoot on an angle creates some interesting subjects.

Have a grand weekend.

Jim said...

Hi Ralph, that N.J. skyline is pretty with the ships going in and out of the channel.
Good comment on the wheel chair shooting, I hadn't ever thought about hardships like that. It is hard enough to stay level while driving (I do a lot of that).
:-)
..

storyteller's other blog said...

Sometimes we end up with the most amazing shots for the strangest reasons. WONDERFUL ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Anna said...

This turned out really nice. I like your sky a lot.