Thursday, June 11, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Barriers


Looking at the Sky is a visual treat. I scan the heavens to see variable skies, with an eye (sometimes) toward a suitable view for LATOF. Sometimes a picture/theme jumps at me, and I hope to have the camera nearby. Last week,I was looking for airliner pictures around the Hartford airport, but there was no action as Runway 6-24 was closed, so no landing Boeing or Airbus birds to follow. But along this runway's perimeter road, this picture jumped at me. The theme here is barriers, both man-made (the fence) and the natural (the large and billowy clouds). I see this as an interesting tug-of-war as to which is the more imposing barrier here, chain-link or sky? I suppose it depends if you are moving on the ground or through the air - ff you look closely, there is a bird (not aluminum) floating through the air...See Tisa's great meme for more of the wild blue yonder...

12 comments:

Bond said...

Interesting perspective on this shot.

Gattina said...

Very nice picture !

storyteller said...

Fascinating how images generate and reflect such ideas ... kewl perspective!
Hugs and blessings,

maryt/theteach said...

Ralph, come see my Sky pictures - coincidentally planes landing at LaGuardia... :)

Dianne said...

I love the way the fence looks as though it is running into the sky

Jim said...

Hi Ralph, those are mean looking clouds. I do hope that fence can hold them back.
My poem for Sunday is supposed to be on Walls. Your picture would fit just fine for our 'Wall Against Mexico.'
Thanks for your visit and nice comment. Those trees were soooooo pretty I though too. :-)
..
..

Tink *~*~* said...

Ralph, I am of the opinion that no matter how seemingly mighty or foreboding something man-made is, Mutha Nature can and will trump it - no contest

Tink *~*~*

Hildegarde said...

I enjoy to see what people include in their sky-photos, what piece of our man-made world or of nature one wants to add. The lines of the road and the barrier are an interesting choice.

Linda said...

Clouds can be flown through without causing damage to the planes while a chain-link fence would definitely cause damage to anyone/thing that tried to get through it so I'm going to say that it's a tougher barrier but the clouds are a more majestic one!

No skies for me yesterday as I spent most of the day doped up on Versed but that's okay considering it was cloudy again here in Connecticut. Hoping for some sunshine today for all of us!

Tina said...

lol im always looking at the skies when im driving too to see if there is anything interesting up there ;)

i think i see the bird! :0

Race said...

i think it's the sky! it's always nice having your camera on your side always because pictures are best captured on unexpected moments!

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

It seems that as of late I am always caught off guard without my camera! It never hurts to keep it handy for beautiful shots like this!!!

Thanks so much for sharing.

-Tisha