Thursday, June 4, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Local Luminosity

Tisha's fun meme, Looking at the Sky, allows us to move on beyond the mundane and the usual. Like the mild pink and lavender pastels wafting over our house. I don't know for sure, but based on the other pictures in the series that day, I believe that this is after a late afternoon thunderstorm has passed. It could be that the trailing edge of the front has almost but not completely passed. With the bits of moisture in our atmosphere remaining, the beautiful sunset is working with the prisms in each droplet. And what remains is the pretty and quiet sky, the perfect antidote to the violence of the storm, which thankfully has passed...

13 comments:

storyteller said...

Lovely pink hues to you evening sky. I shared sunrise photos from this morning at Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

Jim said...

Hey Ralph, I like your pink tinted sky! I am sharing a sunset tonight with a little pink as well.
Happy Sky Looking,
..

Anna said...

Very pretty. I like the colors a lot. Passing storms create the most interesting skies.

Amazing Gracie said...

Hi, Ralph! You have such a wonderful turn of phrase along with great photography. I always enjoy my visit here.
Those colors are lovely...
~~~Blessings~~~

Race said...

that's a very lovely pink painted sky, i love the pink hues in yoru shot and your lovely words!

Hildegarde said...

"working with prisms in each droplet" : nature is an artist, thanks for sharing this beauty.

maryt/theteach said...

That's so beautiful, Ralph! Happy LATSOF! :)

Dianne said...

beautiful lavendar!!

Bond said...

Great colors Ralph

Grand weekend

ROSIDAH said...

Very pretty sky! I love the luminescent color. Have a great weekend, Ralph.

Kim said...

What a great picture! I love the colors of your sky.

I've finally gotten mine up. Day late and a dollar short...but would love if you stop by. :)

Tina said...

beautiful pink and purple in the sky. you are so lucky.i only ever see blue skies here :(

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Very Cute !! The Blog Is Great With So Much Colorful Photos...Thanks For Sharing