Monday, June 29, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Fun in the Sun


Ruby Tuesday gives us a certain flexibility in the amount of red to be presented. A lot, or a little, any red is just right! So here at Craigville Beach in Barnstable, rubies are the more the exception than the norm....you can look a little harder. I am seated in the beach wheelchair with the brilliantly ruby beach towel to keep the sun from frying my knees. Okay, this is the obvious one. However, note the other two reds in play: my face with the sun induced reds, and for the always lovely Patti seated to my left, her hair...not red by design, but the natural light brings out the subtle red highlights in her hair. A lot or a little...See the other fine red captures at Mary's meme!

15 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Ralph, you sure are lucky in getting to spend so much time on the beach.
I guess it is the same one as our Hampton Beach in N.H. We would go there on hot sumer days. The water was still cold, not like our Galveston beach with the 75+ degree water in the summer.
Happy RT! I'll look for Patti's later.
..

Leora said...

Ralph, I like the blue sky, the colorful blanket, the bird, and your little smile. Your hand looks like it is giving us a salute.

ellievellie said...

Seems like a great day to enjoy the view - listen to those birds celebrating their catch. Patti's hair does look red - my used to be like that but now is just salt and pepper:) Thought I will not color it any more, but may not resist on this resolution - bold red colors my gray flawlessly :)
That was a red pickup truck in the window reflection!

Your EG Tour Guide said...

The red in the towel is a nice toug=ch, Ralph, and very appropriate for saving your knees from turning ruby red.

DrillerAA09 said...

Careful, don't turn yourself into a Ruby Tuesday post. Have a wonderful RT.

ilanadavita said...

Fine choice for today's RT Ralph.

Nukke said...

Red face; it must have been warm ! I like shadows more. Don't feel so well in sun. But summer is so nice after long dark winter in Scandinavia :)

Robin said...

I love that you used your red face as one of your red items.

Looks like the two of you were having a great beach day.

SouthLakesMom said...

Nice RT photo!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A day at the beach
slowly crisping in the sun—
ah, summer delight!

My Ruby Tuesday

Gattina said...

Nice picture ! I had enough fun in the sun now in Italy, tomorrow we are going home !

Happily Retired Gal said...

Looks like the two of you enjoyed a lovely day at the beach! Love the seagull in flight too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Bond said...

ah the beach.... great shot there Sir.

OH and I loved how you tracked the flights yesterday

bj said...

ahh, I LOVE your reds...just enuf !!

srp said...

Yes, that face ... and arms... tends to get red quicker each year as I get older. I usually take my 15 minutes for the vitamin D as quick as possible and then get in out of the humidity. Thanks for stopping by.