Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sepia Scenes - Contrasts


Sepia Scenes arrives with my latest scans. I was out of the scanning business for a couple of months, but I found a few gems last week that seem to take the sepia well. Of course, Ralph I (aka: Grandpa) figured here, but an interesting contrast in sepia. on the left, I'll guess somewhere around 1920, although I cannot say when or where (Steubenville??) with any certainty. On the right I will say about 1967, age 65, I believe in Toronto, a city he liked to visit - check out the Union Jack. The pictures span 50 years, the youth on the left contrasting with the myriad experiences from a half-century on the right. But he could smile, and I know that he enjoyed a good beer. Such a character! Check out amazing monochromes at Mary's fun meme...

13 comments:

Julie said...

Cool shots, I was trying to figure out what type of beer he had there.

Bond said...

You do these so well

PJ said...

I always enjoy visits with your family. Ralph looks like a fine fellow. Besides, he likes beer!

Carletta said...

Looking at both pics I venture to say Ralph was a pretty happy fellow!

I'm with PJ - always nice to 'see' your family shots.

Tricia said...

Great sepia photos! Great family photos!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

that is one goodlooking head of hair.

Robin said...

He's got a wonderful smile.

napaboaniya said...

From the left photo to the right photo, the body mass sure increased a lot :P

ROSIDAH said...

Very memorable photos! I think it is wonderful that the shy smile on the left turned into a great full smile on the right. Have a great day, Ralph :)

Patti said...

I've said this before, but I do wish I had met Ralph I.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Wonderful family photos. Ralph I and I have something in common: I like to visit Toronto too, ;-)

Jew Wishes said...

More wonderful sepia shots of your family. How delightful and beautiful.

Melli said...

The face didn't really change much - just a few years, a few wrinkles, a bigger smile! He looks like he was a fun one! Wonderful sepias!