Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sepia Scenes - Illusions

For Sepia Scenes, I am trying to use sepia to create a different illusion. Like I did recently, I am using the horizon to alter the other parts of this photo on the Nantucket Sound side of Kalmus Beach in Hyannis. That is, with the sepia skies appearing as clouds, the water and sand reflective of a sunny day. On a cloudy day, the salty surf would be that dark, unattractive green-gray hue. The beach sand wouldn't copy the bright sun, and look more gray than tan. The sky was bright actually, but I wouldn't mind if the colors below the horizon appeared as bright as possible when the skies appeared like this monochrome murk. Gotta get back to the Cape one of these years...

9 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Wow, Ralph, that's excellent editing! Very attractive photo! Happy Sepia Scenes! :)

James said...

That is really cool, kind of looks like wide painted horizontal colored lines at first.

Vita Stunder said...

Great shot!
And what a view!!

Happy Sepia Scenes! :)
Anna

Karen ~Georgia Angel said...

I like the illusion you created. Great job!

Carletta said...

Sepia skies make me think of old movies where the world has come to an end. :) Charlton Heston comes to mind.
Now if you could just make my backyard look like the beach I'd so appreciate it.
Have a great evening Ralph.
I like the shot!

Robin said...

That bright blue water makes the setting look almost Caribbean, instead of the more muted colors of the Cape. Nice job.

hip chick said...

Very interesting. I like all the clean lines of the sand, water, and sky.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

The beach looks very inviting, Ralph. I bet it's hot where you are too. ;-)

Bond said...

real interesting shot and colorization