Thursday, July 16, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Threatening Skies



I enjoy Looking at the Sky, Tish's invite that allows us to write about something we do a lot. We talk about the weather plenty, but of course can't do much about. Naturally, we shouldn't make our vacation plans on what might happen with the weather.







So we decided to go to the Cape one year, and on the road the skies had the look of rain on our vacation the whole trip up. the capitol city of Rhode island is about 60% of the way to Hyannis, and it looks like rain. Our exit off Route 25 is about 12 miles from our motel, and it too looked like rain. It didn't rain all week though, and we all had fun including lots of salt water, sand and clam chowdah...







So when did it actually rain? On I-195 west between New Bedford and Fall River - on the way home! It was a wonderful time, as all family vacations are. The proverbial happy ending.

See Tish's Friday fun meme!



7 comments:

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Cape Cod is beautiful...but in the fog? Well, YES! You see, I LOVE the sound of foghorns so I would have been in Heaven - just take out a good book, lounge in a comfy chair, sip hot coffee or tea, and read, read, read. ;-)

Dianne said...

I love Cape Cod and I love foggy days, actually I love rainy days too :)

the flag peeking out from under the sign is so touching

and you look very spiffy as Captain of your vacation vessel

Anna said...

Those skies really were threatening rain! I'm glad it held off so you could enjoy your vacation, though I have a feeling you would have made the best of it either way.

Bond said...

musch better on the way home...much!

Amazing Gracie said...

I'm on the west coast and thoroughly enjoy everyone's east coast photos! I've never been to the cape but from movies and books, it has always sounded so romantic! I can't remember the female singer, but she sang about "Old Cape Cod."
I'm glad the rain held off for you so you were able to enjoy your trip in the sunshine!
~~~Blessings~~~

Minie said...

looks like a cloudy day but it's good in favor of your trip. happy weekend.

minie

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

I've never visited Cape Cod in good weather or bad. I'm glad you didn't let a little weather spoil your outing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,