Monday, July 6, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Foodies Delight

Ruby Tuesday brings the red out of nearly anything. Food around here gives us a more organic ruby feast, not just for the eyes, but the palette as well. A smattering of color here in many guises. There is carrot soup, say, easy to make and it is almost a Crayola orange-red.


Mexican lasagna, well, is probably not authentic. But it offers red for an appropriate Tuesday hue



Chili nachos were a New Year's Eve treat, and the chili has a tomato soup base and with red Kidney Beans, you know the coloration is perfect.


Not to be outdone, the kids had often experimented with melted chocolate chips and...oyster crackers. They used croutons once, and oddly enough, that combination wasn't bad. The red is represented by the store brand on the bag

Finally, I show last year's hot peppers. These chilies are what we hope for from the harvest of our garden this year. Yep, edible reds are a fine apertif - Bon App├ętit and happy RT!


19 comments:

Carletta said...

Edible reds and just in time to think about what I'm having for dinner. :)
Melted chocolate and oyster crackers - I'm going to have to think long and hard on that one Ralph.!
Hope not just your Tuesday is happy but the whole week as well!

Nukke said...

That Mexican Lasagne looks very delicious !!!

at the cottage said...

Everything looks delicious! Lasagna, chocolate - the important food groups ;) I always hear of them but I never knew what oyster crackers are? they look like regular little soup crackers.

Okay - now where is my secret chocolate stash? ;)

Thanks Ralph. Great colourful post!

ellievellie said...

It is not fair at all! I just had dinner - and looking at all these appetizing treasures - I am on my way to open a bag of chips! Lasagna and nachos and chilly and peppers... me like it!

Annie said...

Oh yummm. And I started a diet today. Darn!!

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Looks yummy, Ralph! I'm certain I've never had Mexican lasagne. Mexican Italian food sounds good. ;-)

Dora said...

Melted choco chips and oyster crackers? Interesting combination!

Ang Paus (Sweet Red Buns)

Happy RT!

Jim said...

You did good there, Ralph. I had some strawberries, they would have worked too. Next week I might try.
Happy RT!
..
Grandpa said I could have his Ford when he died. But it wasn't in his will and I was off in the service so no '55 for me.
..

~Just me again~ said...

Nice pics. I worked out today, so I'll take some of that lasagne ;)

Monica said...

The Mexican Lasanga has me curious now. I'd certainly try it. We've been eating a lot of strawberries here. Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

ilanadavita said...

The Mexican lasagna look wonderful!

Marites said...

I like lasagna and i'd like to try the Mexican lasagna. is it spicy? those are really yummy reds! My RT is up too.

Itajeff @Something To Share said...

looks delicious..i'm hungry :-)
Happy Tuesday & have a nice day

Lots of luv,
Ita

Mar said...

Never heard of Mexican lasagne, everything looks delicious (and I am very hungry!)
Happy RT!!

Rinkly Rimes said...

They say red is the colour that does the most for the appetite. Your pictures certainly did. And the sepia photograph below is equally evocative.

maryt/theteach said...

Lots of lovely REDs Ralph! Mexican lasagna? How is it different from Italian lasagna? Happy Ruby Tuesday!

storyteller said...

Delicious red dishes! I love Mexican Lasagne almost as much as the Italian kind, but have never eaten carrot soup ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

SouthLakesMom said...

So give up the recipes...except for the chocolate and crackers -- that one is pretty obvious!

Thanks for the mouth watering post!

srp said...

Now those look like really hot, hot peppers. Like the one I grew... I thought it was a bell pepper but it just stayed small... I bit in... wrong thing to do.... my mouth was like fire for hours and even my skin around my mouth turned bright red. Never again!