Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sepia Scenes - Ice Flows



Sepia Scenes
returns with a seasonal view. I know it is not winter now, but searching through archives, I was looking for a subject that could use the softening and sometimes soothing sepia. I found this icy sculpture emanating from the downspout-less gutter.







Yes, we are minus a downspout, and will have one installed. But the hard points are all over the giant icicle are muted, so this frozen, cascading and pointed precip does not look lethal. In fact, these are merely sepia cascades falling from the gutter. Winter overall is much less harsh looking in sepia.

13 comments:

Bond said...

one word dude: brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Well!! It has been cold here lately but not THAT cold. ;-)

Only kidding ya, Ralph. I know you didn't take that photo this week. ;-)

Vita Stunder said...

Brr..

But in sepia the ice seems a bit 'warmer' :)

Have a great thursday!
Anna

ewok1993 said...

With sepia toning and the timing of your posting this, winter seems a looong looong time ago.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Felisol said...

Hello, Ralph,
icicles are such intriguing sculptures.
They look less cold and threatening in sepia.
We have a song though, " It's early, early in the summer, but cry for the winter; it will be coming."
I'm crying, "stay away," even though your picture is beautiful.
From Felisol

Patti said...

Happy Summertime ~
it will be gone before we know it.

Annie said...

I marvel at icicles and frozen water from gutter spouts. They seem so impossible and yet they always evoke memories of my childhood in northern Wisconsin.

Karen ~Georgia Angel said...

Great job. I like it.

maryt/theteach said...

Great sepia shots, Ralph! Did you notice your thumbnail on my Sepia Scenes post? I hope you were pleased... :)

Greyscale Territory said...

Wonderful perspective of falling ice in sepia! Beautiful!

Dianne said...

ahhhhhh - I can feel the cold air
I love the white house and the clear ice against the sepia surroundings

I have a favorite icicle shot, I'm going to try this
you are my muse Ralph ;)

and I love your Boston accent

Gallery Juana - ギャラリー ワナ said...

water is amazing in all the forms and strengths it can take. The snow covered trees look very nice in sepia as well.

Jew Wishes said...

Excellent photos, Ralph! Great eye on these.