Thursday, August 13, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Autumnal Pastels



We all look up to see the myriad colors that grace the skies. In any time and season, we view the sky as it is, and even if the view is stormy, the beauty. Looking at the Sky is fun, and there is no shortage of clouds that attract our interest. The date stamp on the image suggests Autumn, here not the brilliant foliage, but the changing seasonal sky. This is in our back yard and the moisture in the clouds gives us a nice pink and lavender hue. See other views of above at Tisha's fun meme.

10 comments:

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

Brilliant!

I LOVE Autumn and I can't wait for it to get here. :)

Thanks (as always) for your loyal support in LATSOF.

Kramer said...

Love the gentle pastel color(s).

Your EG Tour Guide said...

That's such a lovely shade of purpley pink, Ralph. Every time of year has it's beauty, I think. ;-)

DrillerAA09 said...

Great color in this sky. Autumn is coming and football season is almost here. WooooHoooo!!!!

Dianne said...

the lavendar is beautiful
and I love the bits of wires visible thru the tree
adds to the texture

Bond said...

Pretty...I was diverted this week by the passing of a great man

Stacie said...

I love the purple colors in the sky. I love how the trees are darkened in the picture!

Linda said...

Pink and lavender are most definitely beautiful colors for the sky. I like the bright oranges and reds that we get sometimes, too - though lately I'm just happy when we get blue!

storyteller said...

Can it be almost autumn already??? It seems like summer hasn't really arrived. Love the lovely pink sky through the branches of this tree.
Hugs and blessings,

NicoleB said...

That's one lovely sky!