Monday, August 10, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Reflections


Ruby Tuesday arrives, and since the old computer won't start up, I can't find an appropriate ruby. Happily, the MacMini arrived today, and Cameron will obtain the data on the hard drive and place on the Mac tomorrow. Of course, no pictures until then. So I am utilizing subtle rubies from the past.

Last year we attended the Ansonia Harvest Festival which included
old cars, proudly shown off by their loving owners.



My fave was this ruby '55 Ford Fairlane. This was a great restoration with the shiniest chrome ever seen. Chrome highlights The bumpers were reflective like a mirror (no shine like this from the Ford factory assembly plant, no doubt).

I had to take the shot of me shooting the finest looking bumpers made in Detroit. Front or rear, a ruby/chrome harvest!


13 comments:

Leora said...

Good luck with the new computer. I really like these old reflections. Very reflective. What wonderful colors in captured in a bumper!

My Sanctuary said...

nice capture, nice and very colorful..

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

Necessity is the mother of invention and you've managed beautifully.
Hugs and blessings,

ellievellie said...

Looks like a fancy paint job - that bumper collected lots of color through this reflection

Carletta said...

Intriguing images Ralph.
We have the sliver of red bumper and in the reflections a red truck and something else red and white. I can't quite distinguish if that too is a truck.
When you start looking there's lots to see. :)

Annie said...

55 Ford Fairlanes were fabulous cars. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. That is some fine chrome.

napaboaniya said...

That bumper is probably even more clear than the mirrors I've got at home! LOL

Hope your computer gets fix soon :)

Dora said...

Creative shot!

~Just me again~ said...

Very cool shot! A mac-mini eh? Hows that working for you? My daughters thinking of getting one.

Felisol said...

Hi, Ralph,
some wonderful shining car you've captured.
Hubby also love to walk among veteran and classic cars. Think he's been at four exhibitions so far this year.
Car enthusiasts are likable breed.
Good luck with your new Mac.
From Felisol

Bond said...

YEAH for the new MAC!

Your EG Tour Guide said...

YAY! A new Mac! Does that mean you'll stop posting these great oldies? Please say no! You can still post new ones peppered with the golden oldies. ;-)

Jim said...

Hi Ralph, I am glad the new computer is coming to the rescue. I had to send Mrs. Jim's in, it had a big streak up and down the display.
My old one is soooooo slow and loaded that she doesn't like to use it. So this one (mine) sits in the kitchen for the BOTH OF US.

Happy RT, I am glad you told what the car was, I sure was trying to figure it out.
..