Thursday, September 3, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Cure for Winter Blues


It is always a shame to miss Looking at the Sky, Tisha'a heavenly meme, as I did last week. We complain about the cold weather in the Winter, so I have dusted off an old print from late December almost 30 years ago. The warm December sky near Jensen Beach Florida shows up very well here, and a couple of fishermen surf casting on the rocks looks inviting. A non-Northern look in the subtropical Sunshine State. And I remember the Delta Airlines flight arriving at Bradley Field (Hartford) a few days later, the ambient air temperature was 16°F (-9°C) with two fresh inches of snow on the ground. The sunny vacation was over! Nice skies while it lasted...

12 comments:

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Neat winter shot, Ralph! You are on the ball today...and way ahead of me. My Sky Friday isn't up yet...but there will be one at my alternate blog (Slice of EG Life) soon. ;-)

DrillerAA09 said...

Fishing cures just about anything that bothers you. Great photo.

Norm said...

good shot Ralph! I love fishing sometimes..

Edith said...

what a perfect place for fishing, happy weekend Ralph..

Dianne said...

I LOVE the surf!!

Patti said...

You took a nice photo here, even if it was before I knew you. ha ha

Linda said...

I can almost hear the surf crashing on the rocks on this one, Ralph, and what a shock to one's system it must have been to fly back into Hartford with those temperatures awaiting you. Ugh!

Have a nice Friday - I have some sky shots up though they aren't technically part of Tisha's meme this week as I threw in a prayer request for another blogging friend.

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

It's breath taking! For some reason I want to go fishing now! ;)

Happy Friday, Ralph...and thank you for your continued support.

-Tisha

Calico Crazy said...

What a beautiful photo, I just love the shading of the sky on the horizon.

Calico Contemplations

Anna said...

I love the beach! And warm skies in winter would definitely be welcome, though the shock of going home doesn't sound like much fun.

Tink *~*~* said...

I feel like shouting at them, "Don't fall off the rock!" Man I woulda made a miserable parent - my kids would be in bubble wrap LOL!

Tink *~*~*

nadine1111 said...

Very good water and sky!