Monday, September 7, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Slightly Ruby

I was looking for the obvious for Ruby Tuesday, namely red. A little bit of said color is from a fund raiser from where I work, The CDR (Center for Disability Rights) in West Haven holds the annual Wheel-A-Thon on the walkway along New Haven Harbor. It is acourse where wheelchairs are used on a course, and participants solicit donations. Eight teams with over 100 participants too part. Alas, I missed the activity as I was busy tallying up the day's donations on my work MacBook. The action all happened behind me at the registration table.






And I was not able to get the pictures off my phone, where the 24 persons of a local Target store were resplendent in redTarget T-shirts. A shame to miss these team rubies. I looked for available rubies from the lunch. Like the red event cards on the bagged lunch, the tablecloth beneath my Italian combo sandwich (food donated by a local deli) and and the ruby flowers on the very active beach walk. Plenty of ruby around, I just had to look a bit harder...

15 comments:

Carletta said...

Sounds like a great day nevertheless Ralph and that sandwich looks delicious even as I'm looking at it at almost two this morning!
The flowers look like Million Bells and they are very pretty.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Nukke said...

You have so many Fund Racer in USA ! We in Finland have only few those.

storyteller said...

Sounds like a great day for a worthy cause! I've shared my Ruby Post at Small Reflections ... still watching TENNIS of course ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Leora said...

I like the petunias, even if I think they are pink.

Your sandwich is making me hungry. I enjoyed seeing you on Patti's post.

Robin said...

I just read about the wheelathon on Patty's blog - you guys really did a great job with the fundraising! Those Target shirts all lined up must have made a striking sight.

Auntie E said...

great Bags.I'm collecting them cause we are Going Green. Happy RT

ilanadavita said...

The rules say" that contains the color red" and you got that.

ilanadavita said...

The rules say" that contains the color red" and you got that.

maryt/theteach said...

Ralph, I have been thinking about Ruby RED sinage for one of the Ruby Tuesday posts. Just haven't gotten to it. Your signs and red table cloth is very good! :) Happy Ruby Tuesday!

♥RocĂ­o♥ said...

☼¨`*•.♥YUM YUM ♥.•*¨`☼
Thanks for sharing!
Have a Lovely♥Day!
To view my Ruby Tuesday you can visit my kiddos blog @
http://www.365daysofourlife.com
See ya!☺!

Felisol said...

Hello, Ralph,
Multitasking is an intricate way of working.
One has to prioritize.
I thing you chose the good part. The work you had set out to do that day.

I sympathize with "fire-souls", working hard for things they believe in.
Red flames behind the wheels are symbolic and challenging.
Hope you received lots and lots of donations to lit a fire in other disables' hearts.

From Felisol

Dianne said...

good job finding red when you had so much else to do

I love the photo of you over at Patti's
It has a very romantic feel to it
She must like you or something ;)

Jim said...

Hi Ralph, your reds are fine tonight. I am glad you were working on the Wheel-a-thon. Did they have any ham radio people helping? I am one of those.

Happy RT, please check (again) my new granddaughter. She is seven months old in the picture and is eight months now. Got to check in on her again,
..
Oh yes, I'll check Patti's RT for your picture.
..

Heidi said...

Your ruby for the week sure went for a great cause! Sorry you didn't get to join in the festivities. Sounds like you found quite a few things that were red though. Thanks for stopping by today!

Your EG Tour Guide said...

I read on Patti's blog about your day, Ralph. Sounds like you were indeed busy doing your part. Thanks for allowing her to post your photo. ;-)