Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sepia Scenes - Legislatively Sepia

Sepia Scenes arrives again, and this week it will be easy. This morning I was at the CT Legislative Office Building in Hartford. This impressive building opened in 1989, and the lobby is dramatic with a huge glass ceiling, beautiful woodwork and even more impressive, tan, gray and brown granite all over. The granite lends itself to sepia tones.There is a brass swan..,or eagle. A bird sitting upon a marble column.






We see the state state symbol chiseled in the stone above.





The view from the third floor mezzanine...






and the lobby floor show a sunburst of granite.






And why not offer a sepia take on the rear...


and front of my 152,000 mile steed? Ford called this color Light Saddle, a sepia tan, as it sits on a coveted outside parking space.I had fun today, about two hours sitting in a legislative committee meting, and 90 minutes of photo taking. Looking at the Sky on Friday will be well represented with more takes from today, and even Shadow Shots - work and play can coexist!


11 comments:

Felisol said...

Beautiful stone pattern, beautiful sepia.
From Felisol

Carletta said...

Wonderful how work and play can coexist and how beautifully your play turned out!
I love the shot of the granite floor.

Day4plus said...

All are great shbut in the last pic look at the great clouds in sepia. Love it!!!
Sitting in meetings for hours is only compensated by the fun of photo taking. MB

Annie said...

That is one outstanding floor. Not so sure about the glass ceiling. I could not walking on it if need be.

So - what was the meeting about?

Your EG Tour Guide said...

The granite floor is outstanding, Ralph. The architect who designed this building has great taste!

kaye said...

beautiful building. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

Heidi said...

I love the floor shots! They are beautiful! And 152,000 miles!? I might just have to look into a ford next time I buy.
Looks like you had a very enjoyable day. I'll check back tomorrow to see your sky views.
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

JunieRose2005 said...

Very interesting Sepia scenes!


Junie

@nemonen said...

Many great pictures, but I like the cars. I didn´t think cars would be so nice in sepia.

karenin said...

Greatly done sepia scenes.

maryt/theteach said...

Next time spend MORE time photo-taking and less time working, Ralph! :)