Thursday, November 5, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Summer Has Passed


Since it is mid-Autumn, and as it gets cold enough in any upcoming Winter, I looks to a past summer for warmth. True, it is not really cold now, but in imaginary anticipation, I look to Cape Cod, the beach, the ferry coming back from the Islands and the Summer sky. Not to complain about winter, we have it quite soft compared to anyone living in say, Alberta or Saskatchewan where it is truly cold in the season. So as we head toward to frigid skies, Tisha's wonderful meme Looking at the Sky, we can look at ours and the other great photo artists as they show us the beauty of the vast heavens above. Whatever the season!



12 comments:

Jan's Place USA and Mt Forest Pictures said...

that beach looks very inviting...lovely sea to sky view:)

Roger said...

Awesome blue gradient down to a great beach. Looks like a cool picnic spot.

Linda said...

Post this one again in January so those of us who are freezing can think again about some nice warm beaches and the summer sun!

Joops said...

The combination of the sky and sand, makes it a perfect scene!

Our Seorak San trip

N said...

Imagining the warm tropical beach...it not working, my feet are still cold...nice shot btw.

Have a great weekend, Ralph.

Heidi said...

What an inviting beach! I would love to feel the sand squish between my toes as I walked across it to the beautiful saphire waters.
I will miss summer in the cold months ahead as well. Very nice post today. And I am so sorry that I haven't been to visit in the last few weeks. I have been a little frazzled!
But I do have an award for you on my blog. It is just below my Photo Story Friday Post.
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Calico Crazy said...

Lovely beach scene, I can just picture myself sitting on the warm sand watching the waves roll in.

Calico Contemplations

Dianne said...

so peaceful!
I love Cape Cod

Kramer said...

Beaches, always good.

Tink *~*~* said...

You know I love the beach! On the rare occasion, I do have a pang or two for the seasons, but then I get over it when I realize there is no need for me to own and ice scraper for my windshield :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Tink *~*~*

Arlene said...

lovely picture, Ralph! sharing you some sun's warmth all the way from the Philippines.

nice weekend to you!

Arasu said...

I like the composition, with white sand in one side, grass in another side and a stripe of sea in the center. Without distraction it looks nice and relaxing.