Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Neno's Award


I received Neno’s Award from Heidi of the nice blog Cake Crumbs. A considerate award, flattering that a blogging peer has recognized me among the multitude of musings located around the blog universe. A mom extraordinaire, we enjoy her writings about her family. Heidi is a fine artist as well, whose medium is cake instead of canvas, frosting instead of acrylic. To be noted by this wonderful writer and artistic photographer is a fine honor!

I really enjoy blogging, and first in this is actually reading many blogs of many different subjects. I like to learn about different ideas and points of view.

But the enjoyment of writing a blog surpasses that by a mile.
I grew up with my father as a writer as a reporter, travel writer and in public relations. He had a way with words, and perhaps I absorbed some of that skill as I grew. Maybe not, but if you read enough and have an independent mind, you will write about things that not only interest yourself but other readers, too. To blog allows me to open up ideas and thoughts on so many subjects.
The ability to post photos from many eras and write about them is an enjoyable plus.

Neno’s Award shows dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging - to seek the reasons why we all love blogging.
Here are the rules:
1. Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it. 2. Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
3. Answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.

4. Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.

5. Don’t forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.
Now...to pass this on to others who I feel really likes the same concept of 'loving to blog':

Linda of Are We There Yet. As a blogger in the same state of Connecticut, she is a EMT dispatcher with a love of travel, a passion for history and an enjoyment for chronicling both of these with her Nikon.
Carletta of ‘Round the Bend. A nice writer from West Virginia who photographs wonderful Mountaineer sights.
Patti of Late Bloomer Boomer. Not only is she a wonderful mate, but she is the professional writer around here, and a fine one as well!

Again, I thank Heidi for the recognition!

7 comments:

Carly said...

how exciting to get recognized for something that you love to do!

Heidi said...

Thank you Ralph that was very kind of you!
I definitely think you inherited so of your father's flare for writing.
And you are always so good to visit everyone and leave the most wonderful comments.
Thanks for being a fun blogger!

Carletta said...

Congrats Ralph! You put a lot of thought into your posts and that lets us see just how much it means to you.
I second Heidi. I read your comments everywhere I go and marvel at the way you can describe your feelings toward someone's post. Excellent command of the English language.
I'm flattered and appreciative that you would pass it to me. I do love blogging - it saved me from retirement!
The only thing is this - today of all days I posted a picture from nearby Ohio. ;)

Martha Z said...

I have one for you, too. Stop by and see if you want to participate. One right after the other is hard work, and you really do work at your blogging and at your comments.

maryt/theteach said...

Congratulations, Ralph! You absolutely deserve the award! :)

Bond said...

Congrats on your award..I always enjoy my stop-over here

Well deserved

Patti said...

congrats, my duck..you deserve this award.

now I have to do a meme on top of everything else?? eek