Monday, December 7, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Holiday Lunch


Ruby Tuesday arrives with the holiday season where ruby predominates and green is the usual accompaniment. Like last year, the non-profit that I work for had its Christmas luncheon at the wonderful Carmines Tuscan Grille in New Haven.






A fine restaurant with the Mediterranean iteration in its interior style, the decorations of the season are great, and I was to record some of the seasonal art. And as per custom, they are of a perspective that I uniquely can capture from my ride height. The tree is decorated not garishly but with restrained rubies.






The desert/wine case contains Santa, snowmen, sleds and holly. Replacing food with the seasonal customary art and color makes December look like it should, or like I think it ought to look...






The table decorations included Santa's sled, carrying a present for the nice, never the naughty...






The camaraderie was the focal point, of course. However the ruby motif was carried over to the food. From the bruschetta covered in tomatoes to the salad radicchio and tomato, there were red highlights. The pasta course was delicious with the Marinara sauce covering the nicely al-dente ziti...





My entrée is the final ruby. The choices included stuffed sole and a chicken roll-up which included gorgonzola and pine nuts. For a party menu, they were ambitious. I was the only one to choose the vegetarian entrée. Even though I usually choose a carnivore main course, this was wonderful. Grilled asparagus, eggplant, and zucchini covered the holiday green requirement, the roasted red pepper offers the December ruby. And it was excellent! A fun date for Patti and myself, good company paired with great food made for a fine time...




34 comments:

Patti said...

It was fun!
The meal was indeed excellent. You forgot to mention the yummy tiramisu.

Carolyn Ford said...

Lots of great reds!

Felisol said...

Who doesn't love the Mediterranean style. Especially when combined with the American horn of plenty.
What would pizza have been, if it had not been enhanced in America.
Happy holidays to you, Ralph.
From Felisol

Hootin' Anni said...

Love it....everything looks so tasty!! I bet it was a lot of fun...good food and friends!!

I posted an ornament...a 50+ year old ornament!

My R T is HERE

Jane said...

The food looks very fresh, I love Italian food, thanks for sharing:)

Leora said...

The pasta would be my choice. That looks delicious. All such pretty colors.

Nukke said...

That food looks so delicious and all those decorations !!!!Happy Cristmas waiting for you :)

Diane AZ said...

I would have picked the same entree you did, the grilled and roasted veggies look delicious!

Carly said...

I agree that Ruby Tuesday is much easier this time of year. Your dinner looks amazing and is making me hungry!

ilanadavita said...

Everything looks very appetizing.

Tink *~*~* said...

The food has me drooling... I can't wait to get home to NY for some REAL PIZZA - w00t!

(17 more sleeps)

Tink *~*~*

Ivon said...

From the sound of your post, the best part was you enjoyed your company and the food. Thanks for sharing.

bj said...

O, Ralph, I always look forward to your wonderful RUBIES...and you never dissapoint! That food looks amazing and bet it was so delicious.
Been meaning to tell you that the pic of you as a little boy at the beach is so cute...you were a cute little fella! :o)

DrillerAA09 said...

That's quite a ruby collection of photos. A little something for everyone, including a main course. What's Christmas without a little food? Happy RT.

Manang Kim said...

Oh gush, I am drooling the food looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing.


My Red Tuesday Here

The Cunning Runt said...

That looks and sounds absolutely delicious!

And the Ruby aspect of it was delightful!

Glad to hear that you had a nice time together - I miss that!

Dimple said...

I just had my supper, so the food doesn't look as delicious as it would have an hour ago! The reds are predominant, which is just as it should be.
Thanks for the visit!

happilyretired said...

Looking at your festive and 'delicious' post makes me realize it's dinner time ... so perhaps I need to stop blogging and fix something to eat. Sounds like you had a great time ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

ellen b. said...

Hi Ralph,
This all is some fabulous ruby! the food looks really good and what a great spot for the event!
Happy Ruby Christmas to you...

Joops said...

Wow, lots of ruby Christmas there man,..

Check out our Ruby Tuesday Travel from the land of the morning calm to the land of the free.

Marites said...

lovely ruby entries..the decorations are pretty and the food looks so invitingly yummy! have a good week!

MISSY JANE said...

It feels like it's already christmas. Gosh the food just made me hungry especially the last photo lol.

chubskulit said...

wow even the food has ruby in it.

Here's my Snowy Chinese RT

Carletta said...

The tree is beautiful from your perspective Ralph! I love the gentle fold of the ribbon.
I'm so glad you and Patti had a great time. I think I'd like some of that tiramisu she commented about. :)

Marice said...

those are lots of rubies! and my fave are the last two, really look soooo yummy! :)

u may view mine here

Jew Wishes said...

What nice splashes of red in these photos, Ralph. I love the photos of the food, looking so delicious.

You have captured the festive mood so well.

Dianne said...

the tree by the red brick is lovely
and the food looks delicious

Bond said...

Nice dinner..yummo

Paz said...

Cool holiday decorations; delicious-looking food. I'm in the holiday mood. I'm also hungry.

Paz

Heidi said...

Yum! That egg plant dish looked superb! How did the pine nuts taste in it?
I really like the tree as well very elegant and beautiful. it looks like a very fun evening for you and Patti!
Wonderful picks for Ruby Tuesday.
I actually remembered it was Tuesday this week, if you'd like to stop by I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Chie Wilks said...

ohh..i can feel the spirit of Christmas in here...it is really approaching...

great shots of Rubies

mine is here

Your EG Tour Guide said...

What a lovely celebration, Ralph. Asparagus, eggplant and zucchini are among my favourite veggies. You are making me hungry even though I just ate supper!

Martha Z said...

I rarely see such a creative vegi entre for such an event, yum.

Annie said...

Oh ymmmm. The asparagus looks divine. Not so much the eggplant. Happy times Ralph. Merry Christmas.