Thursday, December 3, 2009

Looking at the Sky - Cold ground, warm sky


Last week was a busy Thanksgiving weekend, and I missed Tisa's fun Looking at the Sky. Happily I have returned, and this week is an autumnal view out the back window. The bare trees confer the cold look of the season. Yet the sky offers warm pastels, the soft colors adding a few degrees to the overall 'feel' of this picture. We know that it gets dark early with the freezing temperatures and cold breezes, so we all know the warmth has left us for awhile. Yet the view upstairs allows us the feeling that the warmth of the Spring will return again...


11 comments:

Carly said...

Great colors in your sky. I love the warm feel, even though it is chilly outside.

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

Glad to have ya back. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :)

Our skies look a bit similar this week. I love these colors!!!

Happy LATSOF.

Anna said...

I love this! The bare tree, the gorgeous colors in the sky - gorgeous.

DrillerAA09 said...

Wonderful photo. The splash of color across the horizon gives us hope for warmer days ahead.

Stine in Ontario said...

I'm glad you're back too but happy you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend.

The sky is such a lovely colour outside your window and through the tree limbs.

Dimple said...

Hi Ralph, thanks for the visit & comment. Beautiful sky shot-ribbons of color behind the silhouetted trees. I like all the warmth I can get right now!

Petula said...

I love seeing the beauty of the sky and those wonderful colors through the trees. Nice.

Debra said...

Love those beautiful pastel colors in the sky, as well as the sillouette of the trees! Nice shot!

Martha in PA said...

Nicely composed, and beautiful colors of nature!

christina said...

I love the view in this picture, the trees and the beautiful colours of the sky. Thanks!

storyteller said...

What gorgeous pastels against the deep blue sky behind those beautiful twisted bare branches ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
My Sky Watch