Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sepia scenes - Soft Snow


Surrounding snow, a nice take for Mary's Sepia Scenes. Unlike my previous snowy shot in Utah, this is Ansonia a few years ago after a wet snow. Hard to shovel, but beautiful to look at in the backyard. It adheres nicely to the branches and growth along the fences. Maybe in the Spring we will hire someone with a brush cutter to trim the unsightly in Summer looking brush. But only after a Winter when the snow transforms the yard from weedy to lovely in snow...


Note to readers, I had much spam piled onto my posts recently. So I had to resort to word verification. For a few days to dissuade the spammers hawking their wares online...

13 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely picture, Ralph, and you're right - lovely to look at but not so much to shovel!

Good luck with the spammers, they seem to be out in full force lately!

jel said...

very cool snow shot! :)

any kind of spam is a bad thing(IMHO) :)

Carly said...

Your shot is beautiful, for the time being the brush looks great with the snow on it. I love the composition and framing of the window.
I hate the word thing too, but had the same problem with the spam, oh well. I am getting better at decoding the crazy words.

Small City Scenes said...

Yeah, snow is so pretty and looks great in pics. Not when you are out in it and your hands are already cold and all of a sudden it doesn't look so nice.
You have the trees framed nicely. Doesn't snow look great in sepia tones too. MB

Annie said...

Good one, Ralph and different for you. No kids this time. I guess they are in the house staying warm!!! Smart. :-)

Patti said...

This came out really well, m'dear! I couldn't find a sepia photo for this week, as you know.

Diane AZ said...

Ralph, this really is a beautiful sepia image. I like how the dark bold lines of the window frame contrast with the softness of the snow.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Beautiful, Ralph!

kaye said...

that isa gorgeous view out your window!

sniehans said...

Love the softness with the stark window lines!

Gunsside - Norway said...

What a beautuful window-sepia foto.
Look like christmastime ;)))

awarewriter said...

What a coincidence! I had my camera out about an hour ago as we're in the middle of the biggest December snow storm on record. Hope to get a nice shot or two like yours.

Gena @ thinking aloud said...

Oh I like this one a lot, it's such a great sepia pic, the detail is so clear!! great one, Ralph!
Gena