Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sepia Scenes - Spanning Sagamore


Sepia Scenes arrives again - and this monochrome meme softens the overall view. I think that this effect allows us to focus on shape and style detailing. It is a nice day as we cross the Cape Cod Canal on this elegantly styled cantilever Sagamore Bridge. Opened in 1935, the arched roadway climbs to 135 feet above the water. Here is crossing east, and the colors of sky blue and green banks are mute. So the uphill climb seems more pronounced by itself, the delicate vertical bars make us feel safe on the pavement. The large shadow of the structure on the road implies strength. The look down is deep, but we cross with the knowledge that the strength and builder's design assure us of a secure crossing. See sepia as an art medium in Mary's stylish meme...

13 comments:

@nemonen said...

Nice shot!

Patti said...

You sure are an early Sepia Scener ! To be so organized...

Marie Höglund said...

This was a cool post Ralph :-)

Marice said...

this is one creative shot :)

u may view mine here

Your EG Tour Guide said...

I feel like I ought to remember where this bridge is...but I have forgotten. I think I need to look it up on a map.

Gunsside Norway said...

Exciting bridge in sepia, nice shot !!

Paula said...

Your words are as well crafted as your photograph. I really enjoyed the view, Ralph.

Carly said...

Great choice for sepia, it looks like it is from 1935 with the sepia colors.

kaye said...

love your interpretation of this photo. Thanks for stopping by and adding to the history of the airplane in my shot.

Tina said...

what a cool meme, i like sepia shots it makes everything look more rustic and extra interesting :)

Tina from
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack
Mummy Diaries
Game FreakZ

Nina said...

Interesting shot, I like the shadows! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Larry D said...

Very cool photo, it works nicely in sepia!

Liz said...

Great shot and I love the post. Happy Latsof!