Thursday, January 21, 2010

Looking at the Sky - Back to School


Looking at the Sky allows us to check the many moods of the heavens. I offer here a prosaic look at the sky - of what mood? Well, I brought our kiddos back to the University of Hartford after their extended holiday break. It was a fun time for all, but Allegra and Cameron were ready to return to their busy lives at school.

This is a view outside of Allegra's campus apartment. It had been cloudy most of the day, but notice that on the day of the arrival of students on the extended break, the look of the sun had started to appear. The gray clouds are dissipating as the next semester is about to begin. Let the sun and blue be the things that portend a fine four months of studies and learning...





While utilizing the Canon point-and-shoot during the move, I heard a buzzing upstairs looked and pushed the shutter button. It may be a metaphor for the kids to fly high and soar, etc. (not that I am that poetic, of course :>) I tend to notice things like airplanes, even little single engined ones like this. So, it probably had more to do with my blog name being Airhead...See the wonders of sky artists at Tisha's most excellent meme!







11 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

The sun seems to be all the more brilliant after the darkness of storms...and this light on the side of the apartment is quite nice! Lovely view of the sky and the bare trees make it all the more interesting.

Marites said...

really nice capture of the sky. The skies look gloomy. Have a good weekend!

fredamans said...

i love planes!

http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/01/sky-friday_21.html

Small City Scenes said...

I like planes and everytime I try to get a good shot with the old point and shoot the plane has alread flown away. Such is life. MB

Gattina said...

Looks very nice a little cold perhaps !

Bond said...

I remember going home for breaks and being excited..and then equally (more even at times) excited to return to the halls of education - oh heck, I wanted to get back to the parties...

heavenly bliss said...

Looks very peaceful. I like the angle of the apartment building(s).
Jenny from My Four Girls

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Hi Ralph - a really lovely post .. and gorgeous pic of the sky and srurrounds!!! Allegra & Cameron - great names!
You have a happy day!!
thanks for popping by my blog!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud
a photoblog
South Africa

Calico Crazy said...

The sky at school looks full of the promise of spring. Great plane capture, I get them a lot since we've moved but being surrounded by 4 airports gives my lots of opportunity. ~ Calico Contemplations

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

Even the sun was happy to see the kids, right?! Great shot.

I always think of you when photographing planes! :)

Thanks for playing along.

Happy Friday!

-Tisha

Liz said...

Great photos! The sun seemed to welcome the students. :) Happy latsof!