Thursday, January 28, 2010

Looking at the Sky - Lookout!



For Looking at the Sky, we like to show the artistry from above. It is 1984 and I am at Lookout Mountain, the first of the Rockies range just above the hazy sky of metro Denver. Western showman Buffalo Bill is buried on this mount.

To access the summit, you drive on a fun, and smooth switchback state road with wonderfully wide lanes that climbs gradually upwards onto this rocky alp. The swirly sky is seen from the 7300 foot altitude. The rugged ground and scrub is offset by the even bigger clouds. I liked the Denver area when I visited, and the towering Rockies define the horizon to the West.

The artistry from above is endless, check out the variety at Tisha's fun site!





12 comments:

fredamans said...

Beautiful!

http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/01/sky-friday_28.html

Hannah - Zukan said...

I've always wanted to see the Rockies. That's an awesome sight.

Thanks for your visit. Warm greetings from Florida!

Liz said...

It's beautiful! Happy LATSOF!

Mine is here.

Calico Crazy said...

Gorgeous photo, this is definitely one of the areas of the country I would like to visit. ~ Calico Contemplations

Linda said...

The West is definitely where the real mountains are - those that make our White Mountains in New Hampshire look more like hills than anything I'm afraid!

Great shot, Ralph, it definitely makes me want to head West again someday!

Stine in Ontario said...

What a nice view and the colours are wonderful!

Kris said...

Oh, wow, that is gorgeous. And mighty. Wonderful shot.

I visited the Rockies at the age of 11 and I can never forget all those lovely sights I saw. Beautiful.

Bond said...

Love the Rockies

Anna said...

There is something really special about mountains. I haven't seen the Rockies in years. Thanks for sharing.

Jim said...

Hey Ralph, those are pretty hills you found! Would you please digitize some for me when you're through up there!

Happy late RT, I've been hectic even if I did find time to post since.
That Galleria is in our Houston.
..

CrAzY Working Mom said...

I've never been to the Rockies, but oh how I would love to go. Thanks for taking me there via this shot. :)

So glad you play along each week. Thanks!

-Tisha

storyteller said...

Beautiful view ... this almost looks like a painting!
Hugs and blessings,