Thursday, February 4, 2010

Looking at the Sky - Soundview


Looking at the Sky is so much fun. The beauty upstairs seems to have an effect on the surfaces below. The sun enlivens the dormant beach grasses, giving them a brightness of golden straw. The blue above adds a brilliant azure hue, the salt water of Long Island Sound changing from the normal brown.green on the surface to this brilliance. Patti and myself went went to Bradley Point in West Haven on a cold sunny day to chronicle the surf and sky. And savor the beauty outside for a mere 10-15 minutes, as the brilliance was beautiful but the cold air not so much. Follow the followers of the sky at Tisha's fun meme!


13 comments:

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

Ahhh...soon it will be nice and warm and that beach will be full of folks sunnin' it up. :)

For now, I do love the golden straw and the beautiful blue skies with the awesome blue water in between.

It's beautiful, Ralph.

Thanks for playing along! :)

Dimple said...

This is beautiful Ralph. The taller grasses add just the right accent to the straight lines of beach grass and water.

Carolyn Ford said...

I love coastal sea grass and it is the perfect colors to enhance the blue sea and sky! This is nice!

Linda said...

I'm actually participating this week but I've got to tell ya, my winter sky looks so much colder than your winter sky! I like the blue so much better in yours!

Martha Z said...

It is on a cold, winter day that you can enjoy the solitude of the ocean, even if it need be brief.

Calico Crazy said...

Lovely photo, your trip to the beach sounds like our recent trips to the Mississippi, beautiful but short. ~ Calico Contemplations

heavenly bliss said...

That is where I want to be - no matter the cold. Wide open with space to think! I could plop right down in that grass with a picnic lunch and a book and wind up there for hours. Thanks for sharing!
Jenny from "My Four Girls"

Nedekcir said...

Lovely blue water and azure sky, it can brighten anyone's day.

maryt/theteach said...

Ralph, we're doing a goo job photographing the Long Island Sound from the North and the South, eh? And no I wasn't driving when I took that shot on the Grand Central - Vinny was. :)

Greenearth said...

You have captured the essence of grasses beside the sea. Reminds me of my New Zealand childhood.

Kim said...

I so want to jump into your photo! So beautiful and so real!

Mine is up too...Come on over!

Happily Retired Gal said...

Marvelous shades of blue in your lovely sky over the ocean view snapped from a beautiful perspective ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Sacred Ruminations

IvyC. said...

Lovely depiction - An eye soother!