Saturday, March 6, 2010

R.I.P .Rigby




It happened far too fast. Rigby had to be put down this Saturday morning. The details are not as important as what he meant to the whole family. Today, there is such an air of sadness around us, that's me, Patti and brother Linus - and the others who have been informed, Allegra, cameron and Gooma (aka: Patti's mom).

As a cat should, he could sleep without provocation. Even on an old TV with an old B&W movie.

Patti has written about this most eloquently.





A winsome and cute fellow with his moo-cow markings, he loved to be skritched on and around his head incessantly. Too bad we humans had schedules so the all day sessions could not happen. No offense, he would just take a nap. He loved water, too! I had considered that perhaps he studied water to such a degree that perhaps he was trying to receive a PhD in hydrodynamics, or something. He also loved to get his water from the faucet.








A being who loved unconditionally, he was a fun fellow, the word winsome cannot be overstated. He had that happy-go-lucky air about him, always. What a loss. I am concerned about his brother Linus, who is looking around for his brother now.

Who doesn't love Beanies??








Patti took Rigby to the vet, and but as I was home with Linus, and as the day moved along, he knows now is that he is missing - and wishes he were back, as do we...

A furry friend, three and one-half years is far too soon to be gone. A loss that is immeasurable now.


Goodbye pal. We all will miss you :>(

14 comments:

Linda said...

Ralph, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved family member whom we had all come to know and love through his antics on both your blog and Patti's, too.

There are no words that are going to fill the holes left in your hearts at his passing but I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you gave him a good and loving home for the past few years and I have no doubt that he was as happy as a cat could be.

My condolences to all of you.

Hey Harriet said...

Hi Ralph, I'm so sorry for your loss. I left a comment for you guys on Patti's blog. Pets have such a big impact on our lives that it's heartbreaking to lose them. The photos you posted here of Rigby are adorable. Rigby certainly brought much joy to your lives. As you guys did for him.

Love Tracy xo

Quilt Works said...

What a sweet memorium. It brought tears to my eyes. One thing I could tell that he was very loved, so he had a good life! So sorry for your loss, his exit was too soon....

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

So sorry to hear about Rigby!

Odat said...

:-( So, so sorry....He was a joy for us too. Take care and remember all the fun he was to you and us too!
Peace

Barbara said...

I'm so sorry about Rigby. He was a lucky cat to have lived in your home.
I, also, have a cat named Linus. He sleeps under a blanket- hense the name. He's one of six.

fredamans said...

Condolences and (((HUGS)))

Dianne said...

He was a sweet, funny guy and I know how much he was loved and how much you will miss him

I am so sorry Ralph

Hugs to you and all the family
and extra hugs to Linus

Small Reflections said...

I just read of your loss at Patti's and I feel so sad for you both ... Linus too. Your tribute to Rigby here demonstrates how well loved he was.
Hugs and blessings,

Ann said...

When my mum accidentally ran over our dog, my brother hit my mum and screamed at her. He really loved the dog.

I can imagine how upset you were. Perhaps like my grand ma said, there is a cat heaven.

Gattina said...

I am in the same situation as you. We had to have put asleep our cat Lisa on thursday after 18 years ! I can understand your feelings.

Patti said...

I love that one of him sleeping on the TV!

nonizamboni said...

I'm so sorry about your beautiful cat. I do understand losing a pet & beloved member of the family so my thoughts go out to you all and Linus. Way too young to leave, I agree.

Johnny Nutcase said...

I'm so so sorry. I know all too well this feeling, and it hurts so bad. It's clear though that Rigby was so well loved by you all and had a happy happy cat life! What a beautiful cat, so sweet. You'll always have good memories of Rigby that I hope you can remember. I'm so sorry :( Your post got me teary!