Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sepia scenes - Harbor Scenes

Our weekend in Boston was a fun time for Patti and I. Obviously, when you go somewhere different, ideas for photo memes are a natural reaction.

Like Mary's fun Sepia Scenes.

The morning sky over the harbor is a grayish humid haze. The antique makes the heavens and water look nicer as the large boats are anchored near the waterfront condos.

The stout chain protects us from falls and keeps us from becoming uninvited guests on someone else's boat...





Patti was as generous as always in taking pictures as I drive along the I-93 Central Artery into the Hub city.

I meandered around a bit as I was hoping for a picture of the Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge as we headed toward the ├╝ber-long 3.5 mile (5.6 km) Big Dig tunnel.

Again, a sepia tone allowed a softening of the views beyond the span and allows the geometric shapes and angles of the bridge to really stand out.

See sepia artistry at this great meme!




12 comments:

Lady Demeter said...

that's just great!
the geometric lines match very well with the sepia tone.

Ma.links said...

The bridge-shot looks awesome.

Linda said...

Having seen and been across the Zakim Bunker Hill bridge myself a time or two, I've got to say that I quite like it in sepia! It makes the geometric shape pop even more - good job to both you and Patti!

Birgitta "foto CHIP" said...

The geometric lines turns out very good in sepia and I think bridge constructions are always interesting :)
Have a nice week!

http://foto.rudenius.se/category/PC-Sepia-Scenes.aspx

EG Wow said...

Love your shots of Boston. Everything looks so different from when I was there last!

fredamans said...

Fantastic shots! Makes me want another vacation!

Annie said...

I am continually amazed by the styles of the bridges built back east. They are stupendous pieces of art.

Manang Kim said...

The bridge design is unique like it! Thanks for dropping by. Happy weekend!


SS~Allis Chalmers

maryt/theteach said...

Vinny and I were in Boston week before last, Ralph! We visited our nephew, Jerome, and his girl fried, Jennifer. Your Zakim bridge shot is incredible! :)

Felisol said...

Two great photos from you and Patti.
I love it when Gunnar and I are out photo walking, and come home with totally different pictures and motifs.
The solid chain and the boats being mirrored in the clear water is my favorite.
I also admire the lines and shadows of the bridge.
I can see you had a great trip.

kaye said...

love the shimmery lines on the bridge

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
It was very nice.
http://www.bestoffrm.com