Thursday, July 29, 2010

Looking at the Sky - On angel wings

Looking at the Sky on Friday is so much fun, with the photos taken by us - or others. Sometimes, if someone is going somewhere, perhaps they may kindly take a frame or two on my behalf, please


Today, it is Allegra who took some nice sky shots in a trip she made to Duke University in March for the NCAA women's basketball tournament. 






Thus it is the Miami Air  737 charter flight from Hartford (BDL) to Raleigh NC (RDU). The top photo shows the climb from BDL from Runway 24. Now I wouldn't be called Airhead, nor a doting dad, and not know these things as I tracked the flight. It had to be that runway for takeoff, based on the climb-out after takeoff. An incredulous first Allegra asked me how I knew, and we checked the chart (right)






Well, following airplanes in the sky is a sort of avocation for me :>)






The final approach into Raleigh is shown. Even 500 miles away, the pleasant sky looked nearly the same down there, too. As I recall, it felt like Spring under fair skies (and smooth flying according to the picture taker). Thanks kiddo for the LATSOF pictures!


See others who have chronicle the heavens above at Tisha's meme 

7 comments:

EG Wow said...

Ralph,
I didn't realize you know so much about aviation!

These are very nice photos taken from the 737. That was very good planning for Allegra to get a seat co close to the wing. :)

Kramer said...

Wing shot images like that are always fun, but I don't know many airports east of the mighty Mississippi... however, I am impressed.

☺lani☺ said...

Nice shots! I love taking photos everytime I'm in the plane...

cHe said...

u got a nice shot;)

Rossel said...

you got nice shot, Ralph! i have a brother who has the same passion for airplanes like you. he is a graduate of aviation but weren't able to fly a plane.

thanks for sharing and may you have a great weekend.

bettyl said...

Very cool shots!

fredamans said...

My kind of photos! Abstract in nature with the plane wings and yet the sky is so vivid and blue, with a dusting of cloud! Very nice shots!