Monday, July 26, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - Summer Harvest


Ruby Tuesday arrives courtesy of mary. We aim for reds of any shade to participate in the fun.


These are simple reds today. I went to a farmer's market on friday, and thought that a nutritious dinner was finally in store.


Yellow squash, a Vidalia onion, a purple bell pepper and the ruby of large grape tomatoes that were purchased.


The veggies were roasted at 400° F (204° C), and to perfection. The wine was red, not an expensive one, but we used the balloon glasses anyway. Ambience cannot be overstated! See more red at Mary's site...


15 comments:

Leora said...

I love when you post food. Looks so tasty. Maybe I'll make some tomatoes and basil as a side dish with supper...

Greyscale Territory said...

A most tempting dish with lots of red! Farmer's markets are such fun! Always something unsual to be found!

Nora Johnson said...

I love Farmers's markets too - the dish looks delicious!

Thanks for stopping by. Happy RT!

LOLA:)

Birgitta "foto CHIP" said...

Looks so tasty and a glass of wine is always right - we had rosé tonight :)

http://foto.rudenius.se/post/2010/07/26/Ruby-Tuesday.aspx

eileeninmd said...

It all looks so yummy, and I love red wine! Happy Ruby Tuesday and have a great week!

chubskulit said...

Is it served with rice? Looks so yummy, I never had dinner with wine yet but would love to try it.

stan said...

I should learn to cook my own meals... nice temptation there.

Manang Kim said...

No meat? Just veggies I can do that. Will try this tomorrow our yellow squash and zucchini just starting to give us good fruit. Thanks for sharing!

Barnyard Express

onangelwings said...

Yummy. The red win looks awesome. Squash and Zucchini looks good too.

http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2010/07/ruby-tuesday-lonely-munchkin.html

ilanadavita said...

This looks really good Ralph!

ruthi said...

Yummy... can I have some? This is indeed a healthy meal.

Raven said...

Looks delicious and I'd love a glass of wine! I used to like Carlo Rossi wines. Cheap but not bad (but then I have no palate).

EG Wow said...

Elegant. And the wine glasses add a lot to the ambience for sure!

The one with the View said...

Love the varying shades of red, and that dinner looks de-lish!

maryt/theteach said...

Great dinner, Ralph! Looks very tasty! Come and visit my “What would You Do?” post. It really happened to me…