Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sepia Scenes - Stratospheric

Sepia Scenes arrives again, this marvelous soft monochrome is such an easy-on-the-eyes addition to many photos.

In August 1984, I was on a United DC-10 winging toward Chicago. One of the best flights ever, smooth, two aisles to roam, few people. A nice ride, indeed. Sepia is so calming, so even minus the normal blue above, the sepia sky allows us to continue the easy glide above it all.

That's how I see the mild bronze hue above and below this big wing. See Mary's fun and artistic meme for more sepia poses...


12 comments:

Harris Channing said...

Beatiful shot. I almost thought it was a pyramid until I read your post. It looks very surreal! NICE!

Here's mine: http://harrischanningauthor.blogspot.com/

Small City Scenes said...

Looks like an odd angle of a mountain than a wing. I like it. Love the bronzed sepia tone. MB

Carletta said...

I thought the exact thing as Harris! I just couldn't figure out why the top of the pyramid was squared off. :)
It is indeed a soft lovely shot!

Annie said...

Wow. What a great picture, Ralph. I did not GET it for a moment. The illusion of a pyramid is awesome. That it is the wing of a plane makes it even more amazing. Boy, my wing pictures never come out looking like this. Awesome. Oops, I said that already. LOL

EG Wow said...

Sepia is calming, I agree. Imagine flying with only a few passengers aboard. That must have cost the airline a boodle.

kontan said...

The scene is endless, beautiful!

Patti said...

Mild bronze hue, eh? You do have a way.

Rinkly Rimes said...

The slight off-focus and thelovely sepia tone give it a dreamy air.

Manang Kim said...

I thought you are in Egypt because this looks like a pyramid to me. Thanks for the visit Ralph I do appreciate it. Happy Thursday!

LP~Disciplina

CrystalChick said...

Yes, it is very calming. Nice photo, I like it!
Also, thanks for visiting my page.

maryt/theteach said...

An incredible shot, Ralph! I love the way the sky looks! :) I don't know what happened to mr. Linky...

Nina said...

Cool image, it suits in sepia!