Monday, August 30, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - Harbor miscellany



Ruby Tuesday arrive with a smattering of normal places and things found along New Haven’s Long Wharf. The view of the harbor, the East Shore neighborhoods and profile of Long Island is nice, of course.


But business and industry are found along with the watery views. There are large fuel farm tanks, waiting to be fed by the ruby tanker parked along 
the opposing shore. Not pretty, but a necessary thing.

Likewise, the tank with the Gateway Terminal logo offers a spot of red as well. No style, but a ruby nevertheless.



On Long Wharf Drive, there is retail of sorts. Notably the food wagon trucks full of goodies that is Ecuadorian, Mexican, Polish and of course hot dogs.

Yet here is a person that sells flags, and rubies are from all over the earth. So this is another look at unique rubies... 


Finally, we see the large betting parlor known as Sports Haven. This is full of large screen showing the horses at work on race tracks. The lettering is perfect for this time of the week. 


See lots of rubies at Mary’s fun meme!

16 comments:

EG Wow said...

Red has a way of brightening up the landscape, doesn't it?

Tink *~*~* said...

Yep the Loverly Isle of Long is loverly! Quite a collection of rubies ya got there - love the flag man!

Tink *~*~*

Leora said...

That is one LONG red boat. And a round building with red... would love to see the horses up close.

bj said...

Your reds are great, as usual, Mr. Ralph.
Red has a way of making even the industrial side of life look sassy.
You must come over and have some muffins...you ought to know that my rubies are nearly always involved with FOOD. :)
Now, I'm off to see if you have a button to live on my sidebar.
One Tues. you didn't post and I worried that you were ill..Then, a little later, there you were. I thought then that I needed your button so I could visit.
O, and do you know you have word verification on? I think the new Blogger Spam thingy might work better than the verif. thing...not sure, tho. Someone was just say'n...

Dianne said...

flag man has quite a collection!!

ilanadavita said...

I have noticed that there is always some red somewhere in ports.

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I love a tour of people's neighbourhoods.
My Ruby Redness

Greyscale Territory said...

Incredible variety of reds here! The tanker is huge and Sports Haven is remarkable for the artwork on the walls!

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

All of these photos shares are super Ralph!!! I would love to be inside the Sports Haven...

My R T Link

Have a great day.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Sleek red ship sliding through the sea,
Sleek red ship bringing goods to me.

Auntie E said...

Love all the rubies you found. Ships to buildings Red is the Eye Catcher.
My ruby Link for you

Roxxy said...

Lovely sky, lovely shots and everything is with reds.. :) Have a good day!

Stephanie V said...

That ship shows up well in the harbor. I wouldn't have known that place was for horses!

Robin said...

Every time I see the name New Haven I invariably start humming Oscar Brandt's "You Can't Eat the Oysters" (in New Haven Harbor). It's an old song though, hopefully the pollution's been cleaned up and they're good to go by now.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Felisol said...

I can't help it. Boats are my favorites. The slim lines, the aristocratic beauty and the slow way they moves to and from harbor.
The red tanker is almost lying above the water, empty and ready for a new voyage soon, very soon.

Patti said...

Great ruby post, Ralphie!

I've seen that flag vendor several times and was also intrigued by his offerings.

Lucky you that the tanker was red. Perfect for RT.

MMT's poem is cool, isn't it?