Monday, September 20, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - A Banner Day


Sunday was a beautiful day at the beach. Today it is along the beach in West Haven (CT), traversing the walkway just above the sand. 





With wonderful views of Long Island Sound under the fair blue sky, photo memes spring to mind.
But what of Ruby Tuesday? The sky is blue and the sand is sepia. Were there rubies to be found on a beautiful day? 




The Savin Rock Conference Center is the place, and behold, a banner in red is just fine for RT, and I dare say that a shrub and tree in the frame contribute subtle accent to the bold ruby flag.


The character of this ruby banner changes a bit when seen from the inside of the venue. Not the message, but the setting. Outside the sky seems limitless, however the blinds indicate a bit of obstruction. 


So I present both views, preferring neither to the other...see lots more ruby at Mary's meme!

17 comments:

Liza said...

A beautiful day to take photos. Great hots.

My entries:
Moms... Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Liza said...

*Great shots.

Manang Kim said...

I love how the red pop out from the greenery in the background. Great shot!
The cars

EG Wow said...

AH! A lovely banner with lots of red seen from two different perspectives. This post made me smile, Ralph!

ilanadavita said...

What a lovely day! No wonder you took some photos.

Forty Pound Sack said...

Love it! Amazing how a different perspective changes everything.

Pagan Sphinx said...

I like how we can see the lamp post in the second one. I like lamp posts!
Red against a blue sky is one of my favorite color combos!

This is my World! and Ruby Tuesday, too!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Red banner
emblazoning sky—
my, oh, my!

Angel of Mercy

bj said...

ahhh...I love that you gave us two views to consider....amazing shots.
You are getting mighty good at shooting these rubies...:)

Thanks so much for coming over for a ride in the red swing...I WANT ONE!

Leora said...

Yes, that is an interesting view, the banner from between the shades. Love the sky! Ah, the glorious early autumn days.

Dianne said...

I love the perspective thru the blinds

check out Patti's blog
she posted a shot of a really good looking guy and his daughter :)

DrillerAA09 said...

Ruby banners are a perfect capture for the day. Well done.

chubskulit said...

The sky is so peaceful, a great contrast to the beautiful banner and scenery.

Robin said...

What a lovely day to be out and about, camera in hand.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Cher said...

the blinds gave a bit of drama to the banner. :)

Annie said...

Hi Ralph. I like the shadowed red of your image this week.

ellen b said...

I like both views! Happy Ruby to you!