Monday, October 18, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - Eastern Ruby Dining

Ruby Tuesday arrives after a one-week hiatus. And I am happy to participate again! 


Today, it is one of our favorite Chinese 
restaurants, the wonderful and delicious Fortune Pavilion in Derby CT. Sitting in a suburban strip center, the dining room is very nice with pink tablecloths and attentive service and excellent food (I once had a spicy fried calamari there that was wonderful). Not inexpensive compared to the basic take out, and their take out is higher priced - but still a value. 


Beyond the food, the storefront is full of ruby, and a worthy RT subject. The dragon, lettering and planters are bold rubies as they face a strong southern Autumnal sky. 


Not to imply that the seagulls on the roof were to be on the menu, though. For me, Gull Hunan Style or Szechuan Seagull seem a bit too ambitious for me! 


Actually, the birds were in no harm as they were merely props on this RT post...for pleny of ruby and more, visit Mary's fun meme!



19 comments:

Patti said...

Fun post, Ralph! How about Gull a l'orange?

Kidding!!

Happy Ruby Tuesday ;-)

Belle said...

An elegant facade...

My Ruby link for you

marcia@joyismygoal said...

for me hold the gull please :)

lazyclick said...

Beautiful place.

EG Wow said...

With the word :cuisine" on the sign they MUST charge more. AND it had better taste better too. :)

Liz said...

Sounds like a wonderful place.

My Ruby Links:
Moms... Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Rinkly Rimes said...

Red is such a very Chinese colour! But I do think the gulls could have co-operated with a touch of lipstick on the beak!

Leora said...

You think the seagulls are hanging out to see if they can get some leftovers?

I'm glad they don't offer Gull Drop Soup.

bj said...

Looks like a great place.

bj said...

hahhhaaaa...I laughed out loud at your reply about the lead shot..Mr. Sweet came in to see what was funny..then HE laughed.

Marice said...

what a neat-lookin resto :)

u may view mine here

sharon said...

I love chinese foods :) Please visit mine whenever you got a chance :)

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Mmmmmmmm, I'll join you there next time. I love Chinese foods.

My Ruby Tuesday is now posted if you'd care to stop by.

ilanadavita said...

Funny to see that all countries seem to have a wide array of Chinese restaurants and all of them seem to have some red!

Jew Wishes said...

What lovely photos! I love the varied textures and tones. The open door adds a bit of warmth to the capture....beckoning us to enter.

LOL on the seagull fare.

chubskulit said...

It's been a while since we last dine in to a chinese resto Yur photo makes me crave of the fortune cookies hehehe. Thanks for visiting My Ruby Tuesday Ralph, have a nice day!

Pagan Sphinx said...

Ha! You made me laugh and you made me hungry! And it's only 4:16! Hungry for the fried calamari, not the gull dishes. ;-)

Annie said...

It seems like no matter where one lives, one always finds a good Chinese restaurant. Even the one in "The Christmas Story" exemplifies the fact that you will find good Chinese fare everywhere.

Nora Johnson said...

Love all the Red here!

Happy Ruby Tuesday,
Lola & Nora:)
btw Here’s my quick RT link!