Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sepia Scenes - Terriffic Trio


(This was posted pre-Sepia Scenes. It seems so perfect in Sepia, I have edited it only slightly...)
I have only slight memories of many things when I was young, so the past comes alive on film. The picture I have here is one I remember quite well since a kid - it was framed on a wall of our living room (42nd Ave, Bayside Queens) and family room in (Wickham Drive, East Hartford). It is my father (Ralph II, left) lounging alongside Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. I would guess about 1954, and in Atlantic City where my father was a reporter for the Atlantic City Press
Obviously the photo was staged, but the lowly reporter did have an audience with Martin and Lewis, the then hottest team in entertainment before their breakup in 1956. A unique photo this is. As the picture has aged, I sharpened added the antique edit which adds to its aged authenticity. A view at a different era.
See sepia classics at Mary’s meme!


11 comments:

Maboe said...

Interesting!

Day4plus said...

Heyvery cool. Martin and Lewis were the very best at that time. I still remember some of their funny skits. MB

Marie said...

Interesting post Ralph.

Aoife.Troxel said...

Even as a staged photo, it is pretty cool. The story/information behind it was very interesting also.

Birgitta "foto CHIP" said...

It happens again - I wonder why I cannot see your picture?
I would like very much to see it :)

http://foto.rudenius.se/post/2010/10/27/Sepia-Scenese28093X-mas-window.aspx

Annie said...

Hey Ralph. Do you know who the guy is on the left of the picture?

Your picture DOES open if you click on the line but otherwise, not showing.

Pagan Sphinx said...

That is too cool! I also learned a little more about you. My ex-husband (still friend) is Ralph also as was his father. Same era, of course. :-)

I really enjoyed this, Ralph. You did a great job on the photograph. A cherished keepsake for sure!

Gina

@nemonen said...

Interesting post.

JunieRose2005 said...

Very cool pic!! :)

Junie

Kramer said...

Pretty amazing!

ruthi said...

Awesome. You did a great job on editing the photo. Great sepia.