Thursday, November 11, 2010

Looking at the Sky - Volumes of blue

Looking at the Sky on Friday arrives again, and we keep our eyes open, but especially so in our hometown. This brilliant blue is interspersed with thin and wispy clouds. Fitting, as the colors of the city of Ansonia are blue and white. 


This is one of the peaks on the Ansonia Public Library, opened in 1895. The peaks of the roof draw our eyes up toward the sky. As to the stylish item on top, I do not know what this shape represents. However, it sits nicely under the heavens. See more at Tisha's fun site!

7 comments:

Dimple said...

That certainly is an interesting roof ornament, and it's set off by the beautiful blue and white sky!

Kramer said...

I'm think it's a jack, like the game of "jacks," but my memory might have it wrong - anyway, I adore the library image, reminds us to look up.

EG Wow said...

The peak is such an interesting shape. It reminds me of some kind of specialty faucet, but I NOW my imagination is way off! :)

Patti said...

Interesting architecture around these parts, isn't there?

Linda said...

It almost looks like it belongs on a French chateau somewhere - I'm rather surprised your fluent-in-French bride doesn't know what it is!

Anna said...

I love blue skies and libraries! I'm not sure what the shape is, but it's interesting.

Calico Crazy said...

Intriguing, whatever the shape is called its color is a perfect contrast to the sky behind. ~ Calico Contemplations