Monday, December 27, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - Homemade Yule




Ruby Tuesday arrives post-Christmas. I hope yours was as wonderful as ours has been, too.




’Tis still the season for greens and of course, ruby reds. A sea of wonderful red hues surrounds us.




Such as our tree. Not a real tree for us, as electricity and dry evergreens doesn’t seem the ideal mix. So a tree from Target will do. 




The rubies are in the garland and the red LED lights. And perhaps an ornament like bears and the M&M figure. Our style is simple decorations simply placed (a bit different from Grandpa’s tinsel laden tree of magnificence). But it is still a family thing to decorate together...




See more rubies, holiday or otherwise, at Mary’s fun meme.

15 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

O so pretty! Love the glowing reds and blues!

Kim, USA said...

Love how you capture the lights. This tree reminds me of my childhood. Merry Christmas!
Ruby Red Tuesday

ilanadavita said...

Lovely seasonal shot!

Forty Pound Sack said...

Your photo brings back happy memories. I LOVE Grandpa's tree, too!

bj said...

It's a beautiful tree, Ralph.
We, too, now use an artificial tree. Our son was highly allergic to trees when he was small so we started using faux trees a long time back.
I love 'em. So easy to set up, take down and no dry needles everywhere. :) The funny thing...now he uses a REAL tree every year for his family. Guess he outgrew the allergy. :)
Happy Rubies!

Gizelle said...

My mom decorates our tree when I was small really well...I still remember and thought it pretty...but now that I don't celebrate, it has lost the magic...

Kramer said...

I like the effect of the blue bulbs as they glow, sets off the deep ruby hue, truly ruby, of the garlands..

[You ever make it this way, I'll make sure you get some proper cuisine and culture.]

chubskulit said...

Such a beautiful tree you have there Ralph, we have LED lights too with our tree.

Baptism Cake for Ruby Tuesday, happy holidays!

DrillerAA09 said...

Plenty of Ruby Red garland going on here. Happy RT.

Liz said...

Very festive!

Happy New Year!

My entries:
Moms... Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Robin said...

What a lovely festive tree. Glad to hear you had an equally lovely holiday.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Y. Ikeda said...

Thanks for commenting on my entry. Your comment is hilarious! Love it.
Your entry is timely and ideal for Ruby Tuesday entry! Very lovely.
Happy Holidays.
Yoshi

EG Wow said...

Lovely tree. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas, Ralph!

anemonen said...

Wow what a beautiful christmas tree. Happy New Year!

Pagan Sphinx said...

Love the red garland. Rubies do abound in this season, don't they? Happy New Year to you and yours, Ralph!

Gina