Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sepia Scenes - Impatience


Sepia Scenes, by Mary, takes me back in time...


I was too young to remember this, no doubt. However, a picture may tell a thousand words. In a scanning mode one day, there was a small B&W photo booklet with about ten pictures involving the family at this time, the time being late 1956 at the home of Grandpa/Grandma, 1645 Oregon Avenue in Steubenville. We travelled from Bayside, and I imagine the drive of 9-10 hours was probably almost as fun as the photo taking. 


L-R, mom, baby Claudia, Michele, dad and myself - pretty tired from a long (to an 18 month old) process. I enjoy looking at them now - but obviously didn’t care for the process back then...



10 comments:

Jidhu Jose said...

nice sepia

anemonen said...

I love your old sepia photos!

Birgitta - foto CHIP said...

I think you wanted to be behind the camera ;)

http://fotochip.blogspot.com/2010/12/sepia-scenes.html

Annie said...

What little boy wouldn't be a squirmy wormy after a 10 hours drive. I'd be struggling to get up and run too and I'm NOT a little boy. LOL Totally sweet picture, Ralph. I was 9 years old in 1956, my sister was 4, and my brother wasn't even an idea yet.

EG Wow said...

Hehe! Love the photo of you trying to get away! Aren't these old photos wonderful to look at now? :)

Lisa said...

Nice Sepia photo

Marice said...

got an old school post too :)

<a href="http://mizhelle.blogspot.com/2010/12/wordless-wednesday-211-sepia-scene-63.html>u may view mine here</a>

JunieRose2005 said...

I always enjoy looking at old pics. It's fun to see how time changes us all-and especially how we looked as babies and children!

I have a 'way back' post too- although not as far back as yours.


Junie

DeLi said...

priceless photo

maryt/theteach said...

Ralph, you just weren't happy to have your picture taken! :)