Monday, December 20, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - Holiday

(This is a slightly edited re-post from last year. 
Yet the children's faces still have that magical look from Christmas morning that remains as innocent as ever...)


Ruby Tuesday this week continues my nostalgic look at Christmas. 




The Christmas holiday is arriving quickly, and since this is a holiday for kids of all ages, we go back to Christmas morning 1993, with Allegra (almost 5) and Cameron (just turned 3). 






Santa was generous that season, and rubies are all around. A Radio Flyer wagon, a bowling set, a 'tool' kit, Snow White and the Dwarfs offer plenty of red.
Their sleepers also have a bit of ruby in their patterns. Let us not forget the Mickey ornament on the tree either. The two of them are happy and excited. The perfect family holiday!



Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New year in advance to all participants of Mary's always fun Ruby Tuesday!


12 comments:

Robin said...

I can't see this year's photo but I do remember how sweet it was from last year.

Merry Christmas Ralph. May it be as magical as ever.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

bj said...

O, Ralph, I can't see the photo either. I've refreshed the page several times...no luck.
I will come back later, tho. I sure want to see your photo.

AND..I can't find Mr. Linky over at Mary's either.
BUMMER..
Think I'll just take a nap. :))
Merriest Christmas.

Gizelle said...

Yes, I think I remember seeing these photos! Kids......they grew so fast!

Felisol said...

Allegra always reminds me of my baby. They're born the same year.
How beautiful and HAPPY she looks.
I bet you'll always remember that joy, and never all the money you had to spend on those gorgeous Christmas presents.
Those were happy days for parents and kids.
Merry Christmas to the entire Ralph family
from Felisol

bj said...

Aren't they soooo cute. I love these olden photos. Bet you still have his Radio Flyer...I bought one for our first grandson when he was a yr. old. I still have it and maybe one day, he will want it for HIS little boy. This one is wooden.

Thanks for coming over and leaving your always great words. :)

bj said...

Ralph, Mr. Linky finally decided to show up over at Mary's.
Thought you might want to run over and link up.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Carletta said...

Very precious memories Ralph!
I'll bet that green hand print on the tree is there again this year too. :)
Merry Christmas to you and Patti and your lovely family!

Jeri ~ said...

Love your red shots! Nothing sweeter than the smiles on children's faces at Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you & yours!

reg said...

fantastic pics any which way, I remember my kids having this look. It is wonderful

Ellie Velinska said...

My mom made a similar Christmas socks for my kids and my sister's boy. She is really good in embroidery. These socks will stay with us forever. Christmas creates special memories.

Ellie Velinska said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
from me and from Nadine, Bulgaria

Quilt Works said...

Merry Christmas! I hope it filled with joy and love!

Thank you for your visits - I always enjoy reading you comments!
Quiltworks